Considering selling my 2018 Type R. What should I ask for?

CtrlAltElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Civic Type R
Country flag
i'm on my 5th year of ownership and wouldn't mind unloading it if i had something to replace it with.

The FK8 is good but like everything in life, theres always something better.
And any profit that you make on the car would get eaten up by the inflated value of whatever you're looking to buy. I will say that I want the new Supra 3.0. Too bad it's not offered in a 6 speed manual.
Sponsored

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Its really going to be selling and then holding until this shit comes back down, same with a house. For people that can rent or live with someone until the housing market comes down, you can make a shit ton of cash. Im tempted to sell, but I dont think I can live with my parents that long hahaha.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
And any profit that you make on the car would get eaten up by the inflated value of whatever you're looking to buy.
yup. that is why i still have mine.
not going to sell and wait months/possibly years till it stabilizes to find another fun car. No way i will survive with only having a boring ILX to drive for that amount of time lol.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Im waiting on the next type r. Watch it grow or fail in its life cycle. Then determine whether i trade for it or wait for the next one.
I thought of going a different route(more expensive) but i rather spend cash elsewhere. Like getting another house to rent out.

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Hello all! So I'm looking to sell my 2018 black honda type R (the one on my profile pic). I've had it since Jan 2018 but it's got under 5k miles on it. It's all stock except for the shift knob which I replaced with a weighted one (I still have the original though and would include it) and I have an Acuity pedal space which can be removed easily.

What should I ask for it? What would be a fair price?

Thanks!
Here is the current going rate for a new one in Iowa City. I have a 2019 CTR and was just offered more than I paid for it. (not for sale!)
Honda Civic 10th gen Considering selling my 2018 Type R. What should I ask for? Current going rate

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Here is the current going rate for a new one in Iowa City. I have a 2019 CTR and was just offered more than I paid for it. (not for sale!)
Current going rate.jpg
The fact people are paying these crazy prices is mind blowing. I remember when I had my evo X, everybody use to tell me how much they like the old models better. Now evo Xs are going for high 30s and 40s for the final edition with a good amount of miles on them. Insane someone would pay that much for one. The only car I might be interested in replacing the Type R with is the new Z. I'll probably still end up just keeping it. I really don't see anything else on the market right now interesting enough to trade for. Plus not interested in jumping into another car payment.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will be hard to even find an '18 with that low mileage to compare.
My '18 with 28,000 miles is well into the 40's on Car Guru. Yours is rare. Make 'em pay!

I love mine and drive it daily, so it is a keeper. if you have to sell, at least you will come out ahead.
Are you thinking of replacing it with something more mountain friendly - like an STI?

OP
OP
MiladyMalady

MiladyMalady

First Name
Hazy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
It's kind of ironic how much hype and praise given to the R when it came out, now people can't wait to dump them for the profit they can make.
Actually I wasn't looking to "dump" my car. I love my car. I live in the mountains and don't have a garage and I don't like it being covered in snow every season and hit by pinecones and getting covered in sap. I actually decided keep it and store it in a storage facility so it's in a safe place out of the elements.

Thanks all for the replies! I'm keeping my baby!

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
And any profit that you make on the car would get eaten up by the inflated value of whatever you're looking to buy. I will say that I want the new Supra 3.0. Too bad it's not offered in a 6 speed manual.
It will come in a manual. My source is the same that confirmed na is getting a gr corolla in 2 trims. One for daily and one with a cage no backseats. Was told this 2 months ago and only now toyota usa is dropping gr corolla teasers so i believe the manual supra "leak"

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
It will come in a manual. My source is the same that confirmed na is getting a gr corolla in 2 trims. One for daily and one with a cage no backseats. Was told this 2 months ago and only now toyota usa is dropping gr corolla teasers so i believe the manual supra "leak"
It should come in a manual since it's a BMW and they do manuals all the time.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Carmax has been giving me the highest offers for my car so check there first.
Sponsored