Sayanythng

First Name
Trevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 2020
Country flag
Talk me out of it? I see there isn’t much data showing it’s harmful. Can someone link me?
Sponsored

Naimahab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Talk me out of it? I see there isn’t much data showing it’s harmful. Can someone link me?
Agreed. I want some actual facts here, tired of the "it might have bad effects" like we been in 10th gen for how long? No one got an answer?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Makes the car run poorly. Air fuel numbers will be thrown off. If you're fine with that, then go for it.

Naimahab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Makes the car run poorly. Air fuel numbers will be thrown off. If you're fine with that, then go for it.
Run poorly how? The numbers can't be fixed with a tune?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag

Naimahab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I don’t see a data log showing anything Im missing something in that link?
There wasn't a data log in that link but I recall seeing one before. Just have to search around.

You'll see the AF numbers go crazy whenever you lift/the BOV releases the air. The extra air is supposed to stay inside the system and recirculate back into the intake manifold, but the BOV releases it, so that will just throw everything off.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We very recently went over this in another thread.

Here's my post on it: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oh-no-not-another-bov-thread.57978/post-926483

And here's Derek Robinson's post on it, although it's more specific to the base/Si: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oh-no-not-another-bov-thread.57978/post-925322

tl;dr: The Type R ECU has a very precise and sensitive airflow model that depends on the air being kept inside the charge pipes, otherwise the entire ECU's calculations will be off. It's more than just having incorrect AF ratios, nearly every table in the ECU is based on this calculation. It's a bad idea on an Si, but an even worse idea on an R. That being said, if you're willing to sacrifice the Bosch ECU's strategies designed to keep the engine safe in exchange for some sounds, by all means go for it. It does sound pretty cool.
Sponsored