Knappy17

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan Red
Country flag
HondaHack has been on my mind for a while but doesn't it void the dealer warranty? And I guess the other question is does the dealer care? That's the only thing that's been keeping me from doing it.
I can't speak like I know the answer but there is no way this voids the warranty. This isn't a tune or anything that affects the engine, it's just for the head unit. Again I can't say for sure, but in my head, there is no way.
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I can't speak like I know the answer but there is no way this voids the warranty. This isn't a tune or anything that affects the engine, it's just for the head unit. Again I can't say for sure, but in my head, there is no way.
Because you're essentially rooting the head unit, it may void the head unit warranty.

Fortunately it can be uninstalled or simply just hidden when you take your car to the dealership, so they won't be able to know it's there.

Although if you somehow suffered a total, unrecoverable head unit failure I sincerely doubt Honda would pay data recovery experts to analyze the software state and determine you rooted it.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My CarPlay became erratic with hondahack. It would run normally, then if I get out and come back either it will come back a blank screen in CarPlay mode or won't run at all. My cable is original apple, I tried different ways of connecting, starting it up first then plug or plug then start up, etc... The only thing that made it stable was uninstalling it. I'll try reinstalling it again if not I want my money back. :)

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
had HondaHack for about a month now, Initially did it for the Viper4Android and for the Voltage and CPU usage read outs. Then I wanted to try something else, I wanted to see if I could get POWERAMP running directly on the headunit, dug out an old Android Tablet and pulled my PowerAmp and PowerAmp Unlocker APK's off of it and managed to get them installed (think I ended up just pulling the latest of the supported version of Poweramp from the power amp website), the downside was to get PowerAmp unlocker to work and STAY WORKING I had to install teh Google Play Services, this is where the problems exist, if you plan to use Google Play Services so you can download apps from the app store DON'T DO IT, IT WILL MAKE THE UNIT UNUSABLE, like anytime you hit the lane watch the music playback will stutter, it takes 2 or 3 minutes after cranking the car for the unit to not be bogged down enough for the backup camera to function.

Honestly in the grand scheme it's use is pretty much limited to the apps that come with it, if you expand beyond those the system slows to a crawl like it's one of those cheap android Chinese tablets from 8 years ago, legitimately my Galaxy Tab 2 7" (where I pulled the APKs from) is faster then this unit.

I say don't waste your money, just upgrade the unit or live with it as it is.

zenren

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I would never advise installing Google play services on it, just put fdroid on it, install spotify (because you can just dl your playlists), install newpipe maybe, get and get rid of the annoying shit that is forced from factory. On my Si I had OpenStreetmaps installed, it did work, totally offline, the problem was just getting the nav started in a reasonable amount of time. There are a few other apps you can install like firefox, but I really wanted termux because I am a linux nerd, but you can't because Android 4. Bottom line is don't just do HH for apps, don't even install Viper because that shit is useless and you don't have the headroom.

I have actually played Osu! on it with mild success though.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Every once in a while the reduce music volume in reverse feature gets stuck and my music won't return to normal volume for a while.

Using the enable reverse camera while not in reverse frequently causes my head unit to crash.

I just stopped using them.

Based on my complaints about things like tunerview constantly crashing, freezing, or failing to connect to my ktuner not being reflected by the community at large tells me I might have a head unit that is more finicky.
About the reverse camera, I noticed if I had the reverse camera on and I turn the right blinker on, it will freeze the HU. This is regardless of whether I have the turn camera enabled or not. Even if it's disabled, it's almost like it's trying to use it anyway and gets confused with the HH using the reverse camera and crashes. Once I consciously would make sure to never use the blinker and reverse camera at the same time, the freezing stopped. Curiously I don't have this issue when actually using the legit R reverse camera (in a CVT)

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
About the reverse camera, I noticed if I had the reverse camera on and I turn the right blinker on, it will freeze the HU. This is regardless of whether I have the turn camera enabled or not. Even if it's disabled, it's almost like it's trying to use it anyway and gets confused with the HH using the reverse camera and crashes. Once I consciously would make sure to never use the blinker and reverse camera at the same time, the freezing stopped. Curiously I don't have this issue when actually using the legit R reverse camera (in a CVT)
I noticed the conflict with the lanewatch camera and the manual reverse camera, as well. However the last 3 or 4 times I tried to use the manual reverse camera and had the head unit freeze I did not use the lane watch camera at all. I simply turned the reverse camera on and then back off.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
HondaHack allows you to disable the factory DSP with a script and use Viper4Android. With after market speakers and not upgrading/adding an amp, this is the best sound you can get for under $100.

Skipping the safety BS and reverse cam volume is pretty nifty. I sometimes watch a YouTube vid/Netflix while parked.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

elijahblake

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
When I first installed HHack, i tried to use Waze, spotify, and a few other apps. I think our HU are just to under powered for all that. I only run Viper4Android (makes the sound system sound 10X better). And of course several tweaks that HH has built in such as the Auto OK, decrease volume when reversing.
So if you don't try to run too many apps it works great. DON'T install google play services!!!

elijahblake

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
HondaHack allows you to disable the factory DSP with a script and use Viper4Android. With after market speakers and not upgrading/adding an amp, this is the best sound you can get for under $100.

Skipping the safety BS and reverse cam volume is pretty nifty. I sometimes watch a YouTube vid/Netflix while parked.

This script that you're talking about.. That wouldn't apply to FM? Viper works for everything other than FM for me.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
DSP flat doesn’t work for models with the premium sound system. Viper works though. I only listen to music from a USB stick.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
HH is a just if you plan on running TunerView right?

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
To install TunerView Lite on the head unit (or any other app) you need Honda Hack. You can run TunerView on a phone without hacking.

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
I installed HH on my 2019. HOnestly just did it so i could have a startup videp play because i am a total dork. But i liked other settings it has.

Only "issue" it set a bunch of things to minimum that annoyed me. Like auto light sensitivity and something else it set to low sensitivity and i was confused why my headlights were not coming on when it was basically nighttime out.

So basically after installing, check over your basic settings like auto lights/ headlines on with wipers sort of thing.
Sponsored