Knappy17

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan Red
Country flag
I was thinking of installing HondaHack just because I'm bored honestly. Wanted to be aware of any issue I should expect with it, if any? What does it even do/benefits?
Sponsored

TopRAMEN

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I was thinking of installing HondaHack just because I'm bored honestly. Wanted to be aware of any issue I should expect with it, if any? What does it even do/benefits?
When u playing music videos off YouTube or having netflix play in your car the blond spot camera stops the music or movie when u turn.

OP
OP
Knappy17

Knappy17

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan Red
Country flag
When u playing music videos off YouTube or having netflix play in your car the blond spot camera stops the music or movie when u turn.
Couldn't I just turn that off?

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
can someone share a good HOW-TO on installing hondaHack.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
HondaHack broke LaneWatch camera disable?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Every once in a while the reduce music volume in reverse feature gets stuck and my music won't return to normal volume for a while.

Using the enable reverse camera while not in reverse frequently causes my head unit to crash.

I just stopped using them.

Based on my complaints about things like tunerview constantly crashing, freezing, or failing to connect to my ktuner not being reflected by the community at large tells me I might have a head unit that is more finicky.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
It has an option to fake parking brake status, that allows you to do things that it wouldn’t allow you to do while moving such as search for a place by name on the built in Nav. For me that feature alone is worth it. It also allows you to install other apps, but you have to be careful on the apps you install so you don’t bog down the head unit.

zenren

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
can someone share a good HOW-TO on installing hondaHack.
Depends on if the 2020s are able to, Ive only been able to on 2018s, 16s and 17s are easier.

Btw there are practically no downsides to it, the head unit is excruciatingly slow though, be warned.

TopRAMEN

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Also Honda hack is kind of useless unless u have the hotspot capability on your phone for streaming, the navigation suck if your service sucks too. At&T customer here.

stormcode

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
HondaHack has been on my mind for a while but doesn't it void the dealer warranty? And I guess the other question is does the dealer care? That's the only thing that's been keeping me from doing it.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Also Honda hack is kind of useless unless u have the hotspot capability on your phone for streaming, the navigation suck if your service sucks too. At&T customer here.
I live in a townhouse in the city, I think tractors are useless, others might have a different opinion. :) It depends on why you want it and if it can do that.

As for YouTube and Netflix cutting off when you turn, you can disable the camera when you turn. Mxplayer runs great and it has an option to play the sound when running in the background, so you can play music videos and still have the music if you change screens. Maybe YouTube or Netflix has a similar option.
Sponsored