rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
GPS Test works well. Very cool if you want some detailed info about about the GPS accuracy and what satellites you’re receiving. Also has a screen to see your speed measured by GPS.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FogEater

FogEater

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMHO
Forget about installing stuff on the HU, it will only make it painfully slower and all installed apps will run slow. In the long run it will be a frustrating experience.

Best option: install Honda Hack with minimum apps (in the past year the only apps I used were V4A, a fuel log and hondata).
Then I leave a USB cable in the car and use Android auto for waze, Google maps, Spotify, deezer, etc etc.
This way your phone does the hard work, while charging, and you can even use voice commands.

You can also install AA mirror and mirror your phone screen to the HU if you plan to use other apps not compatible with Android Auto. Works like a charm.
I’ve not had major slow down issues and I continue to try to find new APPS that run. No the HU is not a work horse and letting your phone do a lot of the heavy lifting is smart. I use ACP for that exact reason tho.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To add on to this conversation:
  • Google Play services will REALLY slow your HU down - don't install it.
  • Waze runs too slow on the HU compared to AA, I tried running it for a while and it was very slow to recalculate routes and the head unit GPS seemed to be notsogreat.jpg.
  • Spotify runs OK, but will quickly use up the limited space on the HU - you will need to flush its cache regularly
Honestly, it is best to let the stock head unit just run AA, with a few minor exceptions.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I Installed chrome for web browsing does that run under google play services? I’m still looking for a web browser that runs fast and smooth from the heady unit. The native web browser keeps on disappearing. Thanks!

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
I Installed chrome for web browsing does that run under google play services? I’m still looking for a web browser that runs fast and smooth from the heady unit. The native web browser keeps on disappearing. Thanks!
I installed a Chrome on the HU when i got the car and honestly never used it since then... Typing and navigating on the HU is so slow and inconvenient that you will end up using your phone for browsing and everything else.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed a Chrome on the HU when i got the car and honestly never used it since then... Typing and navigating on the HU is so slow and inconvenient that you will end up using your phone for browsing and everything else.
I get it, that's why I was hoping for another web browser similar to the native one just to do quick searches and installs.

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
GPS Test works well. Very cool if you want some detailed info about about the GPS accuracy and what satellites you’re receiving. Also has a screen to see your speed measured by GPS.
GPS Test Plus looks really nice on the screen and works well! It has a night mode that reddens the screen. Great app! I've used it for years. Thanks for sharing that this works!
I downloaded the APK here: APK Mirror and chose the newest version offered (1.6.3)
Worked with a 2020 Civic Si Coupe HU. YMMV
Honda Civic 10th gen CONFIRMED Android 4.2 Apps that run on stock 7" Touch Screen Radio PXL_20200913_022351977
Honda Civic 10th gen CONFIRMED Android 4.2 Apps that run on stock 7" Touch Screen Radio PXL_20200913_022234761
Honda Civic 10th gen CONFIRMED Android 4.2 Apps that run on stock 7" Touch Screen Radio PXL_20200913_022245204
Honda Civic 10th gen CONFIRMED Android 4.2 Apps that run on stock 7" Touch Screen Radio PXL_20200913_022429482

Last edited:

LeeGross

First Name
Lee Gross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i8
Country flag
Very good Android 4.2 app. Can also connect to applications on a phone device. Mod apk version app that I can also use for Android 4.2 on jogos apk mod is awesome.
Sponsored

Last edited: