Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will add some too:
John Nes
John Snes
(the above both work with this controller plugged into the center console usb port)
BLW Music Visualizer Live Wallpaper

The following don't work:
XKChrome (no version old enough available)
Blackvue (runs so slow and crashes often)
Sponsored

Last edited:

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not really sure yet, mine doesnt seem to be bad most of the time. Someone mentioned before smart moves like having it open your last used APP which honestly is a big help because for me it pulls up ACP and I can do music and nav from that right off the rip no waiting involved.
I did at least once stop the Garmin nav services from running and im not sure if its still disabled but obviously unless youre using that to nav you dont need it.

Does your v4a work with APC? Im using wired ACP. I didnt test long but I seemed to only get it to work with Bluetooth. :dunno:

UPDATE: It says youll need to REBOOT(hold power 5-10seconds) for the stopped services to be restarted.
yes v4a only works via Bluetooth or Or if you go wireless carplay.

OP
OP
FogEater

FogEater

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will add some too:
John Nes
John Snes
(the above both work with this controller plugged into the center console usb port)

Can’t wait to try these!!

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can’t wait to try these!!
Just a heads up, live wallpapers will not run when the car is in gear. I am sure most of us use waze for countermeasures when driving anyways... but when parked, the live wallpaper adds a real pretty light show to the infotainment.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Just a heads up, live wallpapers will not run when the car is in gear. I am sure most of us use waze for countermeasures when driving anyways... but when parked, the live wallpaper adds a real pretty light show to the infotainment.
You sure? I used to use live wallpapers and it always ran while I’m in gear. I only stopped using it because it would crash the unit after a while. I’m in a manual. Idk if that makes the unit run different

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You sure? I used to use live wallpapers and it always ran while I’m in gear. I only stopped using it because it would crash the unit after a while. I’m in a manual. Idk if that makes the unit run different
I am in a manual too. It definitely stops for me when in gear/moving.

OP
OP
FogEater

FogEater

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will add some too:
John Nes
John Snes

Actually ive been looking to get a game pad so this is a great option if you know it works in the car too!

jokacz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mini Cooper S, 19 SI Coupe
Country flag
Anyone running Waze? I was going to try it but HH gives a warning message about memory usage, so I chickened out.

carl4

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Anyone running Waze? I was going to try it but HH gives a warning message about memory usage, so I chickened out.
I run it. Sometimes it dies, but when you restart it it resumes the drive you were on. I think in my case it dies because I'm also running a music app.

I don't remember seeing a memory warning from HH.

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatchback CVT
Country flag
Got honda hack for my car as well, was hoping I could mirror all of my phone stuff, but still find that some stuff still wont show up on the cars head unit.
I want to watch things off my phone such as YouTube and don't want to download them on the head unit itself. Anyone hear know what I'm doing wrong or if it can even be done? Thanks!

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Has anyone installed VLC or another video player app? What methods have you used to play mp4 or mkv files from an attached storage device?

*Edit - I tried the MX player included in the DL apps list & it works well. No need for a different app.

Last edited:

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
IMHO
Forget about installing stuff on the HU, it will only make it painfully slower and all installed apps will run slow. In the long run it will be a frustrating experience.

Best option: install Honda Hack with minimum apps (in the past year the only apps I used were V4A, a fuel log and hondata).
Then I leave a USB cable in the car and use Android auto for waze, Google maps, Spotify, deezer, etc etc.
This way your phone does the hard work, while charging, and you can even use voice commands.

You can also install AA mirror and mirror your phone screen to the HU if you plan to use other apps not compatible with Android Auto. Works like a charm.
Sponsored