conecting sirius to head unit.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
the times i search connecting my ole lifetime subscription sirius sportster, it returns basically failures. tried a bluetooth adapter but its not recognized. i just realized that when i first got it, i used a fm adapter that connects direct.
so purchased another.( gave the old to my daugher long ago).
did the install and needed antenna adapters also. install was a snap- pull out the radio far enough to disconnect the antenna and insert splice. unfortunately, it did not work. work correctly that is. the fm adapter splices into the antenna circuit and also connects to the sirius unit. it would not work with it plugged into the sirius unit but it does with it disconnected. so now it works fine no static. the

it does not work with a newer onyx xm/ sirius i have also. not giving up on the onyx, the box sez its compatible. the instruction don't mention the onyx. the onyx without being hard wired to the antenna using the supplied antenna wire just gives to much static
i up graded to it from the sportster from. left that one off and disconnected right away after the upgrade. left it alone for a few years now- still gets all channels. going to use it to see if it gets turned off. note when the free trial expired it was turned off about 3pm pacific time.
Sponsored