wes1099

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Last summer I took my ‘17 Si Coupe to the dealer and said it was blowing hot air. After 5 f****** days they finally replaced the condenser and the AC started blowing cool air again.

Today (about 10 months later) the outside temps are getting up to 95f and the AC is blowing warm air again. I cranked it as cold as it goes, max fan speed, AC set to ‘on’, and still warm air.

My guess is that replacing the condenser didn’t fix the issue last year, but since they recharged the AC it worked for the last few months of summer. I think my bumper to bumper warranty is still valid, so I think it should be covered unless they say it was due to a road hazard or something I did. Man is this a pain in the ass...
Sponsored

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The compressor is known to leak as well as the condenser. I just paid to have my compressor/clutch/coil replaced out of warranty ($1900!). Take the car back and have them check everything again. Definitely make sure to get the issue fixed while you are covered by the B2B warranty. Honda is only replacing condensers outside of the regular warranty.

sillyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I mean when they are replacing your AC unit, the replacement unit is still the exact same one as your original one.

Meaning, it's just as likely to develop a leak as the first one was.

You'd think they would have developed one that isn't susceptible to leaking, but they haven't. I've heard stories about people having their unit replaced three times already.

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I mean when they are replacing your AC unit, the replacement unit is still the exact same one as your original one.

Meaning, it's just as likely to develop a leak as the first one was.

You'd think they would have developed one that isn't susceptible to leaking, but they haven't. I've heard stories about people having their unit replaced three times already.
Hopefully my replacement won't leak. There really aren't any other options besides go without AC or replace the car entirely, neither of which I am willing to do right now. There is a 1-year warranty on the replacement compressor, so hopefully if it does fail it will be within a year. Maybe I should take it in and have them check it after 11 months...

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car started blowing hot air. Of course, it's now 90 degree weather. 2018 Civic EXT coupe. 27250 miles. Have an appointment at the dealer in 6 days.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I just had mine replaced today--dealer found the faulty condenser. But wow my dealer diagnosed the problem and replaced the part the same day. All within a few hours at no charge. I love my local dealer, and that's coming from someone who calls em stealerships...

Gonna drive the car home tonight. They added dye incase the problem re-arose but I hope it does not.
Sponsored