Condensation inside headlight

jetixspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Country flag
Hello everybody. I noticed that there is condensation in one of the headlights. It was raining last night, and today the weather turned out to be very hot. I am not sure if this is normal or there is an issue with the headlights. I had the car for over four years now, never had an issue with this until now. Anyone had experienced this?
Honda Civic 10th gen Condensation inside headlight 19C3E2B5-F26F-4F8A-BB7B-7337E0043FE4
Sponsored

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Per an old Honda Service News Bulletin:

" Because the headlights vent to the atmosphere, condensation can form inside them. To remove the condensation, run the engine at idle with the headlights turned on and the hood closed for 90 minutes. If the moisture doesn’t dry up, it was probably caused by a leak, not condensation; replace the headlight housing. "

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Hello everybody. I noticed that there is condensation in one of the headlights. It was raining last night, and today the weather turned out to be very hot. I am not sure if this is normal or there is an issue with the headlights. I had the car for over four years now, never had an issue with this until now. Anyone had experienced this?
19C3E2B5-F26F-4F8A-BB7B-7337E0043FE4.jpeg
No not normal go to dealership

OP
OP

jetixspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Country flag
The condensation dried up overnight. However, I drove the car, and it fogged up again. Is something damaged?
Sponsored

Last edited: