First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've recently been experiencing a few sound related issues and am trying to get as much info a possible before going to the dealership.

1) Creaking noise when turning at low speeds (backing/pulling in to driveway/parking spot).
2) Clunking of front suspension over bumps, low speed turns, and any uneven sections of road.
3) When I start off I am feeling a slight jerk when clutch engages and car moves. I also hear a clunk at the same time. This one may be normal; but I'm just becoming paranoid with any new sound...
4) At highway speed (6th gear, 65-80mph) there is a moderate to violent jerk whenever I let off the gas or re-apply the gas. It I gently ease back on to the gas it's not bad, but if I go from 0% throttle to 25% immediately it's a solid jerk. Normal or am I having worn engine mounts already? I know there's movement in the engine but this seems abnormally excessive.

Any suggestions or experience with these issues?
Sponsored

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have number 2 issue as well. I guess there's a notice about it now and a expected recall of the drive shaft, in December.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I commented on the thread asking for more info. It was mentioned by another member. If you go the the PRL turbo thread it's on the last page.

OP
OP
ClemsonPatriot

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I commented on the thread asking for more info. It was mentioned by another member. If you go the the PRL turbo thread it's on the last page.
That's where I recognized your username. I replied to your comment and the other member's who first brought it up. I can't find anything about it....

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That's where I recognized your username. I replied to your comment and the other member's who first brought it up. I can't find anything about it....
I've been hunting for info as well. This seems to be a common issue. I put 255s on 18x9.5 rims. So for a bit I thought it was my fault xD. But hearing others with the same problem it tells me it's got nothing to do with wider tires.

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
#1 could be a spring binding in the suspension. Mine makes it on the passenger side and I just haven't really checked it out. I had it on a previous car when the bearings went on the mount, the spring can't move freely with the turning of the wheel.

Danger2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (red)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have literally all of the same issues you do. I'm going into Honda tmr to have them fix my TPMS for my new Enkei PDC's, I'll also ask them about the noise over speed bumps.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I also have creaking noises while turning at low speed. Another issue to add to the list on my car.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
So my creaky/squeak issue is gone now after a clutch install. I'm thinking something might of been loose and now it's not xD

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
I’ve heard similar noise in my si when turning. I thought it was the axles taking a dive since the sound made is commonly cv joints coming apart but when we had it on the lift no damages were found. The only thing I can guess is the limited slip differential since I’ve never had one in any of my Honda’s until this one. Not familiar with noises it may make.

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
The LSD doesn’t make any noise. I had a friend turn the steering wheel while I looked, it’s coming from the upper strut mount. I plan to take it to the dealer in a few weeks for that a few other issues.
Sponsored