Concerning all these threads popping up with issues like this is some sort of troubleshooting forum

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
There was a saying that was tossed around i remember hearing it when i was in hs. Basically goes like this. "imagine that you are eating the most incredible cake that you have ever had. It is the best tasting thing in the entire world. Now imagine that your friends tell you that the cake tastes horible and bad. Are you going to change your entire thought on the cake simply because one or two friends say they don't like it?"
As someone who grew up on $1,500 junkers for most of my life. Trying to explain why an "Acura" is considered Luxury to my SO who grew up around Porsche / Bently / Rolls is a very accurate example of this :)
Sponsored

Sean2903

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
As someone who grew up on $1,500 junkers for most of my life. Trying to explain why an "Acura" is considered Luxury to my SO who grew up around Porsche / Bently / Rolls is a very accurate example of this :)
In all honesty i'd take a nice good beat up $1,500 junker american muscle over a top brand luxury just because i find classics more fun to work on and drive haha

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
In all honesty i'd take a nice good beat up $1,500 junker american muscle over a top brand luxury just because i find classics more fun to work on and drive haha
I understand the sentiment, but I don't enjoy working on cars on my own :) I worked on an 88 MR2 for 5 or 6 years, I'm over it :)

SH@UN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think what the OP was saying, is that it's pointless to have 20 different threads covering the same issue. I've seen this in every car forum I've ever been on. One person will post a problem they're having, and then all the sudden, other threads start popping up about the exact same thing. And THAT is what makes a car look worse. Someone is trying to see if a car they're interested in has any complaints, and they get bombarded with a list of threads. Doesn't matter if it's the same issue, multiple threads make it look alot worse.

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
I think what the OP was saying, is that it's pointless to have 20 different threads covering the same issue. I've seen this in every car forum I've ever been on. One person will post a problem they're having, and then all the sudden, other threads start popping up about the exact same thing. And THAT is what makes a car look worse. Someone is trying to see if a car they're are interested in has any complaints, and they get bombarded with a list of threads. Doesn't matter if it's the same issue, multiple threads make it look alot worse.
I don't just see this with problems, with just about every post. I've been on a LOT of forums (games, cars, hobbies...) they ALL have the same problem where people don't do searches.

Sean2903

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I don't just see this with problems, with just about every post. I've been on a LOT of forums (games, cars, hobbies...) they ALL have the same problem where people don't do searches.
i agree from each post i've seen every one might be about the same problem but each one also has different fixes sometimes on each one. so i don't really see a downfall in having constructive criticism

takrdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 E90 Supercharged BMW M3, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L Coupe
Country flag
I'm coming from BMWs and having those forums is a god send. I felt MORE comfortable dealing with a problematic E90 M3 when I knew I had resources available to me to fix the problems. BMWs are not as reliable as Honda's by a long shot but enthusiasts keep buying the hell out of them because the community exists to help you out when problems come up. I knew a problem was coming because the indications were outlined in forum threads. I ALWAYS was able to go fix the problem myself or go to an Indy mechanic with confidence knowing the problem better than him because of the forums.

I had the same love and hate relationship with my R53 MINI Cooper....but if you go over to NAM you will find people who fight through those problems together because they love that car.

Problems WILL come up with our Civics, but if the community is here to deal with problem A or problem B, then the enthusiasts will keep coming back. Tom, Dick, and Jane don't come to these forums...enthusiasts do. You can love your car and still have problems with them. They all have their own personality.....throttle control valves on BMW M cars, steering pumps on MINI Coopers, and I guess info-tainment issues on Civics lol.

I'm looking forward to helping everyone out with any problem or kick ass solution I find with this car and I hope the community will do the same!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm coming from BMWs and having those forums is a god send. I felt MORE comfortable dealing with a problematic E90 M3 when I knew I had resources available to me to fix the problems. BMWs are not as reliable as Honda's by a long shot but enthusiasts keep buying the hell out of them because the community exists to help you out when problems come up. I knew a problem was coming because the indications were outlined in forum threads. I ALWAYS was able to go fix the problem myself or go to an Indy mechanic with confidence knowing the problem better than him because of the forums.

I had the same love and hate relationship with my R53 MINI Cooper....but if you go over to NAM you will find people who fight through those problems together because they love that car.

Problems WILL come up with our Civics, but if the community is here to deal with problem A or problem B, then the enthusiasts will keep coming back. Tom, Dick, and Jane don't come to these forums...enthusiasts do. You can love your car and still have problems with them. They all have their own personality.....throttle control valves on BMW M cars, steering pumps on MINI Coopers, and I guess info-tainment issues on Civics lol.

I'm looking forward to helping everyone out with any problem or kick ass solution I find with this car and I hope the community will do the same!
Y'know what, this philosophy really fits the forum well. Without CivicX, I sure as hell wouldn't have known about the TSBs, been aware of other issues and how to spot or prevent them, get some awesome tips and knowledge about detailing and what products to use...the list goes on.

Not to mention that I've never had this much fun on a forum before. We've got a really intelligent, passionate, diverse, and fun-loving crowd here - that's rare to find! :):grouphug:
Sponsored