Concept Acura ILX Replacement

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport Touring Polished Metallic
Country flag
Hear me out folks... Acura needs to make a Hatchback Type S.
Sponsored

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Why? Just duct tape acura emblem on the civic HB. Same perform and cheaper.

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The ILX doesn't sell well, and there's been rumors of it getting replaced. I think an Acura hatch sitting on the FK7 Chassis with slight suspension tuning & SH-AWD would be a great replacement. Not to mention the interior would be better. Id buy one

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
If you exclude the hand-built NSX and the unimportant RLX, the ILX is Acura's lowest-volume vehicle by far. Acura sold less than half at many ILX's as Honda did Fits in 2020 and the Fit is now discontinued.

The current ILX is based on the 9th generation Civic platform that's been around for an entire decade.

In a market with declining sedan sales and given the ILX's low volume, I'm surprised it's still around. Perhaps the upcoming electric Acura EV that will by built by GM alongside the Cadillac Lyriq will mark its end.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
The ILX doesn't sell well, and there's been rumors of it getting replaced. I think an Acura hatch sitting on the FK7 Chassis with slight suspension tuning & SH-AWD would be a great replacement. Not to mention the interior would be better. Id buy one
Doubt it would ever happen. Hatches don't sell well in the U.S period, especially now with SUV's taking everything over. So something like an Acura hatch wouldn't really make sense and it would also only be interesting to us enthusiasts rather than average consumers.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They might offer a hatch variant, just how the TSX had a wagon but I'd imagine the ILX gets the TLX treatment and gets an exclusive platform when its replacement comes over a reused Civic platform.

A recent Acura roadmap didn't have the ILX name continuing, but called for a new compact car and a Type S. There is a bit of a meh stigma to the ILX being an overpriced DCT Si, so moving on from that nameplate gives Acura an opening to refresh the perception of their compact car.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
There is a bit of a meh stigma to the ILX being an overpriced DCT Si, so moving on from that nameplate gives Acura an opening to refresh the perception of their compact car.
Overpriced DCT Si from almost 2 Civic-generations ago now. If your economy version is more updated and on a better chassis than your luxury version no one should be surprised the luxury version isn't selling.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Overpriced DCT Si from almost 2 Civic-generations ago now. If your economy version is more updated and on a better chassis than your luxury version no one should be surprised the luxury version isn't selling.
Yeah, forgot to add it's based on a 9th Gen. It should have gotten updated to the 10th Gen platform when they updated to match the new design language now that I think about it, that would have kept it more current.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Doubt it would ever happen. Hatches don't sell well in the U.S period, especially now with SUV's taking everything over. So something like an Acura hatch wouldn't really make sense and it would also only be interesting to us enthusiasts rather than average consumers.
You have a point Acura did have a hatch all wheel drive ( technically A CUV) the ZDX which didn’t sell well I believe it was also pricey personally I liked the car I was
considering a preowned ZDX before the civic

Honda Civic 10th gen Concept Acura ILX Replacement D9D00522-70D3-49AC-AF42-8B5833719582

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You have a point Acura did have a hatch all wheel drive ( technically A CUV) the ZDX which didn’t sell well I believe it was also pricey personally I liked the car I was

D9D00522-70D3-49AC-AF42-8B5833719582.jpeg
Goodluck finding one.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

D9D00522-70D3-49AC-AF42-8B5833719582.jpeg
Ugh, I've never seen any crossover that looked good to me.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like the ZDX started around 47K MSRP in 2010. That's pricey, and the whole coupe SUV thing, stuff like the X6, hadn't caught on yet. Bet if they released that now with the turbo V6 of the Type S, it'd sell better.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I think we'll see an Integra sedan w/ the 1.5T, DCT and SH-AWD. Possibly the 2.0T from the Accord but I doubt it, that would make too much sense.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Goodluck finding one.
On my quest for a new car ( actually in late 2017) I came across a 2013 ZDX at a Lexus dealership even at the time it was nearly 30k
my budget was more of line with the civic
Sponsored