wokeupgrumpy

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 4DR, 2017 Subaru Forester, 2007 Malibu LT, 1998 S10 Blazer LT
Country flag
So, I took my 2016 LX in to a different dealer for a electrical smell coming from under the hood. They couldn't find the smell but , which figures but, I think I found it on my own. Its in the harness junction box that oxygen sensor harnesses plug in to. I really liked these guys. Any way, I mentioned to the adviser that the radio display had stopped displaying song info, wall paper etc after the parking break software update. He talked to me about phone compatibility then, told me how to do a hard reset on the computer (unhooking battery leads and tying them together for 5 minutes). I did that and miracle of miracles the display works exactly as its supposed to now. Problem is, I now have a traction control warning light, power steering warning light and TPS warning light that I can't turn off with my code reader. I unhooked the positive cable and will leave it off overnight to see if that fixes it. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you driven it since the lights came on?

OP
OP
wokeupgrumpy

wokeupgrumpy

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you driven it since the lights came on?
Yes. Thought that might at least reset the TPS. Plus the traction control "off" light was on and it did go off after about 1/4 mile. Only went about a mile total.

Last edited:

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
It’ll go off after some driving and sitting as the ECU relearns. Common issue with us CTR folks that installed intakes, especially if we disconnected the battery in the process.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. Thought that might at least reset the TPS. Plus the traction control "off" light was on and it did go off after about 1/4 mile. Only went about a mile total.
I think you need to drive more to get it all to clear. Should be fine.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If TPS is TPMS (I've heard it both ways) since there are no sensors but it's based on the rotation of each wheel, you may need to do a recalibrate. I know my 9th was the same way. I haven't gotten any light on my 10th gen yet, but it sounds like it's system is the same based on other threads. You have to flip through screens on the 9th gen to find the option to do the recalibrate. It's important to make sure the tires are all at the proper inflation prior to doing the calibration, as the system needs a proper baseline to calibrate to.

OP
OP
wokeupgrumpy

wokeupgrumpy

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply! I thought about checking tire pressure and look for nails as I was going to sleep last night as my wife is very adept at finding them. I know there is a way to get into the computer via the radio but I'll have to look it up. Watched a service adviser do it once but don't remember how he did it.

OP
OP
wokeupgrumpy

wokeupgrumpy

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks guys! Looking at it. I wasn't finding anything.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a problem. When I did a search in Google and clicked on the 'videos' tab... the first 2 that came up for me looked like an EX and an LX 2016. Between the two, I think you'd have what you want.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I messed around with the Si's ECU and got some engine lights on. I just went to the fuse box and pulled the ECU fuse out and put it back in. That got rid of the lights. The ECU still had the recorded errors which showed up on an OBDII scanner. I reset them. Now all is back to stock. I guess, with the radio, all you had to do would be to pull the radio fuse and wait a while and plug it back in to to a hard radio reset.

OP
OP
wokeupgrumpy

wokeupgrumpy

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update. Couldn't figure out which steering wheel buttons to use to access vehicle settings to reset the TPMS sensor. Just did a calibration like the owners manual instructed and drove it about 30 miles, Pulled in the garage, all the lights still on and shut it off. Restarted and all the lights were out. Yay me and thanks again for the help. Now, I just have to decide when I can take the day off and go sit at the dealership while they figure out why the O2 sensor harness junction block smells like its getting hot. I love driving this car. It's not an SI but, way too much fun on curvy roads.
Honda Civic 10th gen Computer Hard Reset 20180217_161604_zpssgdayqpk.JPG

ydna8433

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Update. Couldn't figure out which steering wheel buttons to use to access vehicle settings to reset the TPMS sensor. Just did a calibration like the owners manual instructed and drove it about 30 miles, Pulled in the garage, all the lights still on and shut it off. Restarted and all the lights were out. Yay me and thanks again for the help. Now, I just have to decide when I can take the day off and go sit at the dealership while they figure out why the O2 sensor harness junction block smells like its getting hot. I love driving this car. It's not an SI but, way too much fun on curvy roads.
20180217_161604_zpssgdayqpk.JPG
How did you “calibrate” I’m having a very similar issue I have all those same warning lights on, car drives exactly the same, so weird. Tried unhooking the battery and pulling the ecu fuse and nothing. Someone, anyone, please help

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
How did you “calibrate” I’m having a very similar issue I have all those same warning lights on, car drives exactly the same, so weird. Tried unhooking the battery and pulling the ecu fuse and nothing. Someone, anyone, please help
In the same boat as well after coilover install.
Sponsored