FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
PayPal is definitely not a credit card--doesn't even matter if it was funded with a credit card, it is considered totally different. Infiniteraiders most likely lucked out here using PP.
Sponsored

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure how successful a dispute will be.

They offered a service to swap a compressor wheel, and that is what the customer received.

I didn't see any guarantees, only that CompTurbo only claimed that "This combination has been proven to make over 300whp"

That is so vague... It could mean that someone in a Civic made 300 WHP using that billet compressor wheel.
No other mention of parts or which dyno was used (*cough* church *cough*)

Sometimes early adopters get burned; sad to say, this is probably one of those cases.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got off the phone with Comp.. I'm at a point with my car that no matter what I do, even if something goes wrong, I'm in for the long haul as far as repairs go. Warranty has already been voided on the car so even buying a stock turbo and re-installing everything back to stock, I'm pretty sure I'm SOL.

The Si that was supposed to get dyno'd yesterday didn't happen because the ECU was locked. However Comp told me the guy has been driving around with the CompTurbo installed and hasn't had any issues. He also told me the tuner drove the car and didn't notice any issues either. I'm waiting on that tuner's information so I can speak to him myself. I even asked for the Si owners contact info so I can talk to him.

I've spent the money (and doesn't look like it'll be coming back) on the turbo so now I'm just going to install it this weekend and see what happens. I'm not tuning my car to see how much power it can get. I'll be having it tuned for reliability more than anything. The biggest question seems to be, can this turbo get to 300hp? Well, you won't get that answer from me or my turbocharger because I'm not pushing my car to that limit. Sorry.

The W1 comes in for me today too.. and if this CompTurbo works out, then I'll sell it for exactly what I paid, not a penny more or less. Otherwise it'll go back to 27WON.

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just got off the phone with Comp.. I'm at a point with my car that no matter what I do, even if something goes wrong, I'm in for the long haul as far as repairs go. Warranty has already been voided on the car so even buying a stock turbo and re-installing everything back to stock, I'm pretty sure I'm SOL.

The Si that was supposed to get dyno'd yesterday didn't happen because the ECU was locked. However Comp told me the guy has been driving around with the CompTurbo installed and hasn't had any issues. He also told me the tuner drove the car and didn't notice any issues either. I'm waiting on that tuner's information so I can speak to him myself. I even asked for the Si owners contact info so I can talk to him.

I've spent the money (and doesn't look like it'll be coming back) on the turbo so now I'm just going to install it this weekend and see what happens. I'm not tuning my car to see how much power it can get. I'll be having it tuned for reliability more than anything. The biggest question seems to be, can this turbo get to 300hp? Well, you won't get that answer from me or my turbocharger because I'm not pushing my car to that limit. Sorry.

The W1 comes in for me today too.. and if this CompTurbo works out, then I'll sell it for exactly what I paid, not a penny more or less. Otherwise it'll go back to 27WON.
I'm on the same boat, just received emails from Daniel and my turbo is due to arrive tomorrow, I guess I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and see if it makes power for now... I'm down in MD so I may schedule a tune with IMW after it's installed.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm on the same boat, just received emails from Daniel and my turbo is due to arrive tomorrow, I guess I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and see if it makes power for now... I'm down in MD so I may schedule a tune with IMW after it's installed.
Honestly, it's the least we can do by being early adopters. Everything has been based off one turbo and a remote tune. Not trying to knock anyone but we should see how this plays out. Both of us are on Sport hatches so at least we can provide data for that.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Man what a good time for 27WON to have a sale on the W1.............

Still holding out hope for Comp or another sensible turbo upgrade, sad day for the platform.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Bring her on up; I'd be super interested to tune one of these turbochargers in person and find better results than the initial testing.

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

So you have the comp and 27Won turbos? And your goal for the car is 300? I was one of the first to have the 27Won turbo and have no regrets in buying it. Derek tuned it. . If I were you I'd keep the 27Won and sell the Comp.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you have the comp and 27Won turbos? And your goal for the car is 300? I was one of the first to have the 27Won turbo and have no regrets in buying it. Derek tuned it. . If I were you I'd keep the 27Won and sell the Comp.
It was. But I also have the Sport and the more I read, I won't be getting that high on pump with stock internals. No reason for me to rush the build.. I just want reliability at this point.
Sponsored