1.5T CompTurbo Billet Wheel Upgrade

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m talking about your exhaust turbine it has 11 blades Vice the Si that has 9 on the exhaust side so yours should spool quicker:hmm::dunno:

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m talking about your exhaust turbine it has 11 blades Vice the Si that has 9 on the exhaust side so yours should spool quicker:hmm::dunno:
Oh lol. Once I get a tune scheduled and what not, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
8 hours isn't too bad lol???
Since you know everything.... how long did my car take? 8hrs... ?? try again.....you need to go Troll Somewhere Else Kevin...:rolleyes1:..Did I miss anything else:wave:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since you know everything.... how long did my car take? 8hrs... ?? try again.....you need to go Troll Somewhere Else Kevin...:rolleyes1:..Did I miss anything else:wave:
Fine 4 hours then lol and 8 hours total for 2 cars. No trolling here just stating what you said so technically you both were in that dyno shop for 8 hours.
Honda Civic 10th gen CompTurbo Billet Wheel Upgrade B546FDA2-A0EB-49DC-8CDB-79CF9A3FE634

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Also would like to say that Derek was able to add more timing on the Dyno. So yes.. being Dyno tuned is a lot better than etune. It really depends on what road you use for 3rd gear pull on etune.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The waiting was mostly due to the fact that we had to constantly flash and wait for the run
Yeah I mean you have to add the constant flashing which takes 3-5 minutes each to for every little change in the tune unfortunately.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I had to tune two cars, on two fuel variants, over the internet without any 'live tuning' capability, via an operator on the other end of the computer that I had to instruct when to do things like "key on", "warm up the car", etc.

Everything remote access takes longer than in person; no way around it.

It takes me about 8 hours to tune two cars like that in person anyway, so it's not like it was anything outlandish. I book a 9AM slot and 1PM slot here in my shop daily.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to tune two cars, on two fuel variants, over the internet without any 'live tuning' capability, via an operator on the other end of the computer that I had to instruct when to do things like "key on", "warm up the car", etc.

Everything remote access takes longer than in person; no way around it.

It takes me about 8 hours to tune two cars like that in person anyway, so it's not like it was anything outlandish. I book a 9AM slot and 1PM slot here in my shop daily.
That's why I'd just go Etune lol easier for everyone on all sides IMO since we just datalog and send and then revisions. Of course a dyno tune would be nice but I wouldn't even bother with a remote tune as it takes a lot of work for everyone on all sides.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to disappear for a bit. I picked up the turbo on Friday and it looks great! I'll post some pictures later today.

Dan (from Comp) said he was talking to Derek and Franco but won't get into the details on that. They are dealing with an Si, I'm on a Sport. Since everything has been up in the air, as far as details goes, I want to get Comp to take responsibility, in case something goes wrong. They told me a Si is getting dyno'd with the CompTurbo upgrade tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. But again, that's a Si turbo on a Si engine. So that data should be taken with a grain of salt when applying to the HBS. If for some reason Comp doesn't want to take responsibility, then I'm going to have the turbo sent to Boost Labs to see what they think.

In the meantime, I picked up the W1 and will be installing it this weekend. Need to get my car running again. Will be keeping things conservative for now since I've been reading Knock Control and Rods are an issue on my model. Until I can upgrade internals to ensure my engine doesn't blow up, I'm going to keep things pretty tame for now.

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Sorry to disappear for a bit. I picked up the turbo on Friday and it looks great! I'll post some pictures later today.

Dan (from Comp) said he was talking to Derek and Franco but won't get into the details on that. They are dealing with an Si, I'm on a Sport. Since everything has been up in the air, as far as details goes, I want to get Comp to take responsibility, in case something goes wrong. They told me a Si is getting dyno'd with the CompTurbo upgrade tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. But again, that's a Si turbo on a Si engine. So that data should be taken with a grain of salt when applying to the HBS. If for some reason Comp doesn't want to take responsibility, then I'm going to have the turbo sent to Boost Labs to see what they think.

In the meantime, I picked up the W1 and will be installing it this weekend. Need to get my car running again. Will be keeping things conservative for now since I've been reading Knock Control and Rods are an issue on my model. Until I can upgrade internals to ensure my engine doesn't blow up, I'm going to keep things pretty tame for now.
You're in the same boat as me. My w1 comes in today