1.5T CompTurbo Billet Wheel Upgrade

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Ambient is what the air temperature is outside. My SRI runs 30-40 above ambient when cruising.
Thats actually not horrible considering stock is 30ish. Are you running a stock grill?

Im starting to convince my self that CAIs dont make a huge difference vs sri as far as IAT2 temps go. How much can a lower IAT pre intercooler effect post IAT temps anyways considering the heat of the turbocharger?

This is speculation btw, any hard data on this proving otherwise would be awesome.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any knock retard at those temps?
I would say yes, need to look at the logs to verify. But it definitely is slower the hotter my IATs are, it almost feels like it bogs it gets so bad when its 100 degrees out.

Thats actually not horrible considering stock is 30ish. Are you running a stock grill?

Im starting to convince my self that CAIs dont make a huge difference vs sri as far as IAT2 temps go. How much can a lower IAT pre intercooler effect post IAT temps anyways considering the heat of the turbocharger?

This is speculation btw, any hard data on this proving otherwise would be awesome.
I would still get a CAI over a SRI. My IAT2 after the IC is still about 15 above ambient when hot. I think the IC would be able to cool the air more efficiently if it was coming in cooler even with the turbo heating it up.

EDIT: yes stock grill, stock everything except for the intake.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get turbo polished?? Sorry. This is my first turbo car and all these mods are new to me so I'm just trying to understand everything, hence all the questions.
He means this lol
Honda Civic 10th gen CompTurbo Billet Wheel Upgrade E709C080-C5B5-466D-B3C0-B752A7A2707C

Honda Civic 10th gen CompTurbo Billet Wheel Upgrade 88747E00-0CB1-4D22-BC90-549C642924BA

Honda Civic 10th gen CompTurbo Billet Wheel Upgrade 8CEE7DB3-8AFC-4224-9B92-D420FB433339

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
It will a tad bit from what I heard but you know that could be solved if you went PRL CAI lol just saying but anyways either intake is a good option but depends on what your looking for. I found that 27Won is a really nice intake and kind of does the job although with PRL, my IATs are under 10 degrees over ambient then have it between 25-30 and over with the 27Won. I had the 27Won and was impressed at first till I notice how hot my IAT's were getting because of it.
I love my Cobra. Stays right at 10 over ambient. If I am in traffic, it goes up and when I get moving I just hit the gas and my temp drops within seconds. The product is amazing. I will never regret. I will be getting the IC in my future. I like my engine to feel :cool:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I agree that the Cobra does as advertised, and lowers IAT's significantly. Academically though, I'm wondering at what temp range the ECU starts to pull timing and if that temp range is still above where IAT's are with a SRI. If so, then the benefits of a CAI vs a SRI would be lessened. I'm mulling over purchasing the Short Ram conversion for my Cobra for the New England area fall/winter. If I do, I will be interested to see the effects on Knock Retard. If it stays pinned to 0 (zero), then I would be inclined to leave it as a short ram and remove any potential risk from running as a cold air.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Initially I went with the 27WON simply because I loved the design.. but also being in SoCal, we don't get as much rain so I'm going to switch over to the PRL. I'll test with both before I decide on which one to keep.

Also, supposed to be picking up my rebuilt turbo today!

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He's the one that did the remote tune on the Comp last weekend but they haven't provided results yet. He's also in PA.. :(

I'd like to get my car on a dyno.
Bro your in SoCal lol plenty of tuners down there and Etune is just as good as a dyno tune and more convenient imo. Yes Dyno tune you can see #'s but I don't think it matter as long as you get tuned by a quality tuner.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
He's the one that did the remote tune on the Comp last weekend but they haven't provided results yet. He's also in PA.. :(

I'd like to get my car on a dyno.

He remote Dyno Tuned my car... it's not that bad ;)

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bro your in SoCal lol plenty of tuners down there and Etune is just as good as a dyno tune and more convenient imo. Yes Dyno tune you can see #'s but I don't think it matter as long as you get tuned by a quality tuner.
Lol, that's half the problem.. so many to choose from. I'm not too concerned about the numbers at this point, since I won't be pushing it until I get a clutch. Right now I want something that'll have the car tuned for reliability, especially with this upgrade.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag