Comprehensive Hatch Spoiler List

teletxt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 Sport EUDM
Country flag
Hi Guys!

I looked around on the internet for the "sportline" spoiler.
There are 3 options:

1. Honda Oem. Best. Most expensive
2. Aliexpress MC3 -> This is the cheapest, but in the real life it's quite different from the OEM.
The shape, the thickness nor the same as the OEM.
3. Americanmodified (https://americanmodified.com/collec...vic-hatchback-rear-trunk-spoiler-glossy-black) -> It's in the middle in term of price.

The AM version looks like almost the same as the OEM on photo.
Even the vortex generators are there.

Does anyone seen the Americanmodified version in the real life?

Honda Civic 10th gen Comprehensive Hatch Spoiler List am2

Honda Civic 10th gen Comprehensive Hatch Spoiler List oem

wanDUH

First Name
wanDUH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback,1999 Honda Accord EX
Country flag
I got this spoiler off of ebay...heh. ?
Honda Civic 10th gen Comprehensive Hatch Spoiler List 20211018_170235

Jhuang

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport hatchback 2020
Country flag

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Guys!

I looked around on the internet for the "sportline" spoiler.
There are 3 options:

1. Honda Oem. Best. Most expensive
2. Aliexpress MC3 -> This is the cheapest, but in the real life it's quite different from the OEM.
The shape, the thickness nor the same as the OEM.
3. Americanmodified (https://americanmodified.com/collec...vic-hatchback-rear-trunk-spoiler-glossy-black) -> It's in the middle in term of price.

The AM version looks like almost the same as the OEM on photo.
Even the vortex generators are there.

Does anyone seen the Americanmodified version in the real life?

am2.jpg

oem.jpg
Just found this post, I've bought the one from American Modified, it does look nice, only comes in black though, vortexs are there, size looks just like the sportline, which is why I decided to buy it.

I'm planning to paint it to match my body color (NH788P) with the base in Berlina Black (NH547), ordered the paint from automotivetouchup, just got to actually do it haha.

I guess my last concern is if the strong 3M tape is going to be strong enough to hold it, the last thing I want to see is this hitting the rear traffic... I see mixed opinions on this subject, some say it got to be screwed on (drill some new holes? not sure how that's possible with the OEM lower spoiler), some say just clean and prep it really well and use adhesive promoter... can you guys boost my confidence on 3M? šŸ˜†

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just found this post, I've bought the one from American Modified, it does look nice, only comes in black though, vortexs are there, size looks just like the sportline, which is why I decided to buy it.

I'm planning to paint it to match my body color (NH788P) with the base in Berlina Black (NH547), ordered the paint from automotivetouchup, just got to actually do it haha.

I guess my last concern is if the strong 3M tape is going to be strong enough to hold it, the last thing I want to see is this hitting the rear traffic... I see mixed opinions on this subject, some say it got to be screwed on (drill some new holes? not sure how that's possible with the OEM lower spoiler), some say just clean and prep it really well and use adhesive promoter... can you guys boost my confidence on 3M? šŸ˜†
On my eBay special one, I initially used gorilla brand double-sided tape (back in May 2021). That started to lift after a month and a couple car washes. Replaced it with 3M brand double sided tape. Made sure to do good surface prep both times (clean, degrease, thorough rinse, thorough dry). 3M hasn't budged since, and it's seen 110F+ temps, rain, what Vegas calls snow, driving at 75 with stupid heavy winds, dust storms. It's still on there with me not worrying at tf all. It'll be fine

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On my eBay special one, I initially used gorilla brand double-sided tape (back in May 2021). That started to lift after a month and a couple car washes. Replaced it with 3M brand double sided tape. Made sure to do good surface prep both times (clean, degrease, thorough rinse, thorough dry). 3M hasn't budged since, and it's seen 110F+ temps, rain, what Vegas calls snow, driving at 75 with stupid heavy winds, dust storms. It's still on there with me not worrying at tf all. It'll be fine
Thank you for your boost!! looking at all the related posts, I know if I need any assurance, you'll be the one to talk to haha, thanks man!!

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Havenā€™t really seen this one around. Itā€™s like a hybrid of a few different ones.

Honda Civic 10th gen Comprehensive Hatch Spoiler List IMG_1418

Honda Civic 10th gen Comprehensive Hatch Spoiler List IMG_1419

BrandonB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport Hatch
Country flag
Last edited:
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Awesome duckbill! Itā€™s not too flashy and because the center is lower the rear view is not obstructed. Highly suggest.

E425C12E-6439-42C0-9EDC-FFB59113BE78.jpeg

CBED2AF9-E2B9-4007-B5A5-85F9BAD9955C.jpeg

1DD9690B-E4D1-46A7-B461-5C3CB91E1CB6.jpeg
I've been looking for the red trim along the skirt and back diffuser. Could you possibly link me the parts you used?

The upper spoiler is sick with the subtle duckbill šŸ˜€

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Havenā€™t really seen this one around. Itā€™s like a hybrid of a few different ones.

IMG_1418.jpeg

IMG_1419.jpeg
I wonder if that's just the 11th gen hatchback spoiler plunked onto a 10th gen. šŸ§
Either way, I like it.

drbob123

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag