• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Complimentary Maintenance?

Launch Angle

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2000 Integra GS
www.acura.com/integra advertises Complimentary Maintenance for 2yrs/24k miles. How does this work? My dealer (South Bay Acura) claims ignorance about this offer.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
There is some verbiage about "participating dealers" so maybe take your business elsewhere.

kwibbles

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2024
Another voice here but I wanted to jump in since I was wondering the same thing.

Assuming new owners are entitled to two years of free maintenance, how has it actually worked for anyone that has had the car long enough?

My dealer - who at least didn’t feign no knowledge of the offer, which is pretty black and white on the Integra’s new car window sticker as well as the corp website - talked about it as something that you wait for the car to tell you thru its monitoring system that it needs an oil change (or maybe something more serious), and then you bring it in.

Is that the extent of it, or can you bring it in annually, as most luxury carmakers would have you do (on 10k-miles or 1-year intervals)?
I wouldn’t want to miss 2 visits of free maintenance in 2 years if I’m entitled to it.

Thanks much. I’m coming from 15 years of owning Audis, where the maintenance intervals are assumed (as are their next-level reliability concerns, which I’m looking to make a clean break from).

VinnyDaFish

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type-S (Apex Blue/Orchid)
This may vary somewhat from dealership to dealership, but I just had my wife's MDX in for service and was asking the service advisor about the maintenance plan, and his suggestions for break-in. He said he has never seen a 2yr/24k mile service request denied, meaning I am welcome to bring the ITS in for its first oil change and tire rotation at any point. I'm a bit of a nut about breaking in a car properly over the first 500 miles and prefer to change the oil at 500 miles before I really begin to let the RPM's build. This has been a painful wait with the ITS, but i'm really glad I asked the advisor so I can get it in soon. Slowly building to 500 miles and can't wait to get fresh oil in to unlock more revs than I have allowed so far.

That being said, I realized I have an oil change problem. When I went back through my records from my old SRT-4 that I bought new nearly 20 years ago, I changed the oil with Mobil 1 synthetic 10 times over the first 20k miles (over 2.5 years) right at 3 month regardless of miles driven. Don't know if that made the difference, but in the five years I owned it I never had even a hiccup with that car, and obviously it wasn't a Honda by any stretch. I'd love to think because of that maintenance it's still on the road somewhere today.

Call around and find a service advisor who will welcome you at 500 miles and then hit at least each six month mark thereafter for the first two years. They will rotate the tires at the same time and long-term this will pay huge dividends for the health of the motor.

Last edited:

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
My oil life just hit 20% today so I'll update with my experience after calling the dealer tomorrow.

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
You can only schedule it at 15% or when the vehicle alerts you.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
You can only schedule it at 15% or when the vehicle alerts you.
That's BS...it's almost like they want us putting additional wear on the internals...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
That's BS...it's almost like they want us putting additional wear on the internals...
Lol. Its free "scheduled" maintenance. In reality it's 2 oil changes.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I tried to take my A-Spec in at 20% and they wouldn’t cover it. I had just gotten a marketing email from Acura about scheduling service and I was just about to take a long trip so I thought it would be good to get it done.

i made the appointment, brought the car in. They wrote up the service, but when saw the car wasn’t at 15% yet they stopped. Said Acura would only cover the maintenance once the alert comes on at 15%.

so I left and brought it back after my trip once the oil life was at 15%.

YMMV but it sounds to me like Acura won’t pay the dealers until 15% and the dealer service depts generally won’t eat the cost. I’m sure there are exceptions. I’m sure I could have paid for it myself but wasn’t going to do that.

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
I tried to take my A-Spec in at 20% and they wouldn’t cover it. I had just gotten a marketing email from Acura about scheduling service and I was just about to take a long trip so I thought it would be good to get it done.

i made the appointment, brought the car in. They wrote up the service, but when saw the car wasn’t at 15% yet they stopped. Said Acura would only cover the maintenance once the alert comes on at 15%.

so I left and brought it back after my trip once the oil life was at 15%.

YMMV but it sounds to me like Acura won’t pay the dealers until 15% and the dealer service depts generally won’t eat the cost. I’m sure there are exceptions. I’m sure I could have paid for it myself but wasn’t going to do that.
I've had two free maintenance services (A1, B1) , each when the oil monitor was at 50%. Maybe the dealer is actually eating the cost.

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
I made an appointment for my first oil change at a local dealer. Showed up and they said its a 3 hour wait. I decided to leave and just go to a shop I've been going for years and just use Amsoil

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Every dealer should be participating in the new model complimentary maintenance program. If they aren't, do as suggested above and take your business elsewhere. You can bring your vehicle to any other Acura dealer that participates, it doesn't have to be the dealer where you purchased from.

Reference this thread to answer pretty much all your questions, page 2 in particular....

Oil Filter Part Number

-G

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Wish it was similar in Canada. No complimentary maintenance here! :thumbsdown: