First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m wondering if someone can advise. I have a 17 Coupe Touring w/ premium audio. I bought a Rockford Fosgate P300-P8 I think it is, anywho the expert from crutchfiels advised me to tap into the existing bass speakers terminals if I was not going to run the RCAs.
Ive done that and I think it sounds fine but I’m just not sure because the P300 includes a powered amp already and the car has an amp.

Any input on this?

SiLee207

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
I’m wondering if someone can advise. I have a 17 Coupe Touring w/ premium audio. I bought a Rockford Fosgate P300-P8 I think it is, anywho the expert from crutchfiels advised me to tap into the existing bass speakers terminals if I was not going to run the RCAs.
Ive done that and I think it sounds fine but I’m just not sure because the P300 includes a powered amp already and the car has an amp.

Any input on this?
I am just starting to learn about this and I’m finding so little information on the Honda premium audio. Everything I’ve read says to tap in to the front 6.5 speakers to get a decent signal for your subwoofer. Then run through an LC2i.

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Late to post but can you guys make a YouTube video explaining this?

ScubaCollie

First Name
Scuba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Civic
Country flag
Close ..

The SPFID2 Digital signal is the STEREO digital audio .. its just two channels, Left & Right and is always at maximum volume.

The RS485 is a digital control communications line, that tell the AMP and it's DSP, what the volume, balance, and Bass/mid/treble + sub volumes should be for each individual Speaker AMP, along with Mute.

The Amp need to keep seeing this Control -- if you disconnect this control, the AMP will MUTE untill the signal is reconnected. (ie it needs a constant refresh of the required control settings)

Yes, you will also kill the sound if you disconnect the SPDIF.

You can now understand why DSP-FLAT does not work with this Premium System.

The DSP-FLAT part of the Honda head units audio APP, tries to control a DSP in the Head Unit ( ie as in the NON Premium system), but it would appear that Honda never updated that App, to talk over the RS485 link, to control the DSP in the AMP unit, when the Premium system was developed.

Since is is not a normal OWNER control (in a hidden service menu), it is very doubtful that Honda will ever update the Premium Head Unit software, to make DSP-FLAT control the DSP processor in the AMP.
Hi mate, if you were to take the speaker feeds from the speaker cables of Output connector block 'A' on the OEM Amp and connect them to the speaker input channels of a DSP then that would allow the DSP to create a DSP flat and then Amp that back down to the other side of the OEM wiring to pick up on the speaker cable feeds?

That would then create a DSP flat signal going to the speakers?

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi mate, if you were to take the speaker feeds from the speaker cables of Output connector block 'A' on the OEM Amp and connect them to the speaker input channels of a DSP then that would allow the DSP to create a DSP flat and then Amp that back down to the other side of the OEM wiring to pick up on the speaker cable feeds?

That would then create a DSP flat signal going to the speakers?
Yes that would work but you’d need an amp after that DSP with the high level inputs.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I am just starting to learn about this and I’m finding so little information on the Honda premium audio. Everything I’ve read says to tap in to the front 6.5 speakers to get a decent signal for your subwoofer. Then run through an LC2i.
I just ran the two sub spkr wires into a small amp high level inputs then connected that small amp to a Cerwin Vega spare tire sub. Shakes the whole car. No need for an LCI unless you want more high frequency in your sub output.

hockeyman316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just ran the two sub spkr wires into a small amp high level inputs then connected that small amp to a Cerwin Vega spare tire sub. Shakes the whole car. No need for an LCI unless you want more high frequency in your sub output.
Do you happen to have any pictures of this setup? I saw the spare tire sub today and was thinking about doing it myself.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you happen to have any pictures of this setup? I saw the spare tire sub today and was thinking about doing it myself.
Yeah, I had to add foam to the top of it to maintain spacing between the trunk topper and the spare. The foam insert I used to have in the spare was replaced by the sub. IF you don't have a spare tire it may take a little more work to support the middle of the trunk floor where you stick the sub it, it's lower than the tire sub.
Also, my spare tire kit (lots of threads on this) included a new trunk floor so I can't say how well the standard will work. I ran the sub off of the sub spkr wires. I put a switch in there to go between the OE sub and an outboard (when I had a cabinet in there). This blows the cabinet away. And its hidden.
Don't mind the foam it's actually worked out well, no holes were drilled just grabbed a ground from a nearby bolt and ran 1 hot wire from the battery with a fuse at the battery.
Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 type r Spare Sub