amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I read the post with an air of sarcasm... so with that tone... It makes sense. Let's keep it going:

I have heard that the 2019s are going to be worth more than the 2018s... 2017s... especially the 2016s. Given lots of miles on the older cars… it has that much more comparative value.

So... there's that...
Yeah, I heard that as well ;)
Sponsored

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
volume knobs and fan speed controls are a good thing. they certainly dont make the car worse. if you dont like them, sell your car and buy a Murano.

edit* if that was some kind of satire it sucked. and canada seems like a cold sucky place where one can hardly have fun with their si with all that snow and shit.

anyways, the si is an amazing machine. appreciate it.
For 5 months of the year it’s locked away protected from all the road salt and other shit...5 long cold dark months. All I can do in those 5 months is look at it with its car cover and sometimes jump inside and reminisce how great this toy was last summer. Sucks ass owning a nice ride in Canada and northern states. Either you don’t get to enjoy it year round or it becomes an immediate beater the moment it encounters salt.
Hopefully in the not so distant future, wife and me will relocate back to a nice Philippine tourist island (her home country), where I’d trade in my Si for a CBR, ship it there and enjoy that toy all year round and not be concerned with cold, anal entitled drivers, speed limits or even a pesky motorcycle license

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
For 5 months of the year it’s locked away protected from all the road salt and other shit...5 long cold dark months. All I can do in those 5 months is look at it with its car cover and sometimes jump inside and reminisce how great this toy was last summer. Sucks ass owning a nice ride in Canada and northern states. Either you don’t get to enjoy it year round or it becomes an immediate beater the moment it encounters salt.
Hopefully in the not so distant future, wife and me will relocate back to a nice Philippine tourist island (her home country), where I’d trade in my Si for a CBR, ship it there and enjoy that toy all year round and not be concerned with cold, anal entitled drivers, speed limits or even a pesky motorcycle license
yeah dude that shit does suck, but at least youre keeping the mileage down and the si is depreciating a lot less.

unfortunately hondas are very prome to rust with their thin ass paint. there are many 9th gens that already have rust on their hoods and bubbling in the rear quarters!

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
yeah dude that shit does suck, but at least youre keeping the mileage down and the si is depreciating a lot less.

unfortunately hondas are very prome to rust with their thin ass paint. there are many 9th gens that already have rust on their hoods and bubbling in the rear quarters!
I’ve taken notice of particularly older 8 gen civics on our roads and looked at them for rust particularly where you mention the rear quarters, and thankfully haven’t seen much rust at all, and these cars are definitely the type to be exposed to our terrible winters. But their undersides must look terrible. Mazda’s, forget about it, they most have been rusted out bad. But I’m definitely conscious of the fact our paint and metal is thin, so I’ve taken all precaution I can think of to keep rust from ever happening including a ceramic coat.
After a wash or even sometimes after rain driven, I make sure to dry out the inside rear and front quarters above wheels and all bottom metal edges where painted, such as door and trunk edge. And at work we have a garage with a pit for our trucks, so I’ll take a peak from beneath from time to time and touch up with metal paint whenever I see a scratch.
And right, mileage is low. Car is 13 months old with only 4K miles, but I wish to drive it more this season compared to last year

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
ill give you my cup holders for the '19 HU.... i dont care about the volume knob, having 'AUDIO' as a physical button sounds great wish it was a
When this car first came out a lot of complaints picking on no knob. The idea was there's no quick way to change volume. Now with the piece this small and given its position, you still can't do it quickly neither. You still have to take your eyes off the road and aim to land your size 10 fingers on it; I feel like to hold a diamond made chess piece, making the right move at the right time without dropping it. This kind of defeats the purpose from those original complaints (I was not one of those). :doh:

I will see if I can order a 2017/18 cup holder. It should be a direct fit on.

Right, I wasn't actually complaining/bashing. But since these are the changes in 2019, and particular for the knob complaints people, so would like to let the 17/18 owners know how exactly good/bad these changes are. And like repeep said above, and hopefully to make some of you feel better too:beer::nixon:
ill give you my ' 17 cup holders for the '19 HU.... i dont care about the volume knob - i use the steering wheel, but having 'AUDIO' as a physical button sounds great wish it had a "SOURCE' button too.
Sponsored