Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did they remove the slave cylinder to do the clutch by chance? Maybe they didn't bleed the line properly...

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't still have my paperwork, but if memory serves me, I believe in the instructions it says to adjust the clutch pedal 3 times as you break in the clutch. I know my engagement point was really close to the floor initially. I adjusted my pedal a few times over the course of the break in and its fine now.

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey man, I feel for you having trouble getting into gear and stuff. I'd be livid. Braided lines, CMC's, etc... To me, those things have more to do with "feel" or shifting speed than locking you out of 1st or Reverse. They're all good stuff to upgrade but I highly doubt any of those are causing you to get locked out of putting it into gear.

There's something wrong with that pressure plate, or something along those lines. I'd be barking up Competition Clutch's phone lines.

I could be completely off here but just letting you know what I think. I can't imagine you're going to swap a braided line and it will fix everything if that was implied. Hopefully you get it figured out man.

OP
OP
slow.gal

slow.gal

First Name
Michil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I don't still have my paperwork, but if memory serves me, I believe in the instructions it says to adjust the clutch pedal 3 times as you break in the clutch. I know my engagement point was really close to the floor initially. I adjusted my pedal a few times over the course of the break in and its fine now.
Competition clutch just got back to me. They advised to adjust the pedal and also suggested to open up the tranny so we can get to the bottom of this issue. Hopefully we figure it out.

Thank you ?

Syphrus

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2012 mazda3, 2003 Chevy 2500H
Country flag
Heya! Did you ever figure out the issue?

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I had a similar problem with this when I got my CM FX300 installed. I had to get the installation done twice unfortunately but CM did replace the whole kit. I hope you can get this all figured out soon

OP
OP
slow.gal

slow.gal

First Name
Michil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Heya! Did you ever figure out the issue?
Bolts torque specs but got it working properly now. Unfortunately I have to pay another $1300 to get it installed/fixed properly (since I supplied the part they're unable to warranty the job) . CC is saying that bolts wasn't torqued to CC spec then my mechanic said they followed manufacturer spec. Its such a headache! After 3800km clutch works great but I don't know if I'm going for CC anymore cuz I wasn't happy with their customer service and product warranty, same feeling with my mechanic. ?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Bolts torque specs but got it working properly now. Unfortunately I have to pay another $1300 to get it installed/fixed properly (since I supplied the part they're unable to warranty the job) . CC is saying that bolts wasn't torqued to CC spec then my mechanic said they followed manufacturer spec. Its such a headache! After 3800km clutch works great but I don't know if I'm going for CC anymore cuz I wasn't happy with their customer service and product warranty, same feeling with my mechanic. ?
Do you know what torque values they require?

OP
OP
slow.gal

slow.gal

First Name
Michil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had a similar problem with this when I got my CM FX300 installed. I had to get the installation done twice unfortunately but CM did replace the whole kit. I hope you can get this all figured out soon
Thanks. Got the clutch working good now... but 0 refund from wasted time. lol

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Thanks. Got the clutch working good now... but 0 refund from wasted time. lol
I am glad to hear! It was the same for me unfortunately. Not going back to the mechanic or purchasing Clutch Masters. I already have a new mechanic ready and now just waiting for my ACT kit to arrive.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
mind to share those tq specs ?