tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I thought he did the cutouts himself due to the masking tape.
He may have gone full DIY for it. It also looks like he added a mesh to the back of it as well; this portion would have to be done DIY regardless of whether you do the initial cut DIY or not.

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
This is what i did today for my stock 2017 grill. It’s better and more functional than the 2020 grill.
When you say "more functional than the 2020", do you have any data showing that? Do you track your car and compare before and after coolant temps or anything?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Do you have a walkthrough for this mod? I love it
tape, trace the cutout you want and some kind of a dremel/rotary tool plus very steady hands and some sand paper to finish up the rough edges. Then add mesh with a tab of plasti weld or some adhesive as necessary.

better and more functional? idk about that. Probably does not make a difference in IAT or ECT whether you have a cut out 17-19 one or a 2020 one. It's cheaper to do, that's for sure.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
it's here.
KThqlVc.jpg

the opening is decently bigger than the 17-19.
on a side note, the upper tabs are not as flimsy since it is closed off on the top part and i don't have the infamous grille gap anymore lol so thats a win lol.
You had the grille gap on the stock pre-'20 grille? I know it's a common issue on one of the two popular eBay grilles.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
Look at what that person said the front bumper is the same part number and its not so you want me to take that info with out questioning it? Have you did any research on the part numbers before commenting?
It's the same part number, they posted a screenshot and circled it then followed up re-confirming again it's in fact THE SAME PART NUMBER.

You failed to read the original post because, again claimed the part number is different.

Read posts before typing bro.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
it's here.
KThqlVc.jpg

the opening is decently bigger than the 17-19.
on a side note, the upper tabs are not as flimsy since it is closed off on the top part and i don't have the infamous grille gap anymore lol so thats a win lol.
I think I'll eventually order this to replace my 2019 grill, I like the small change it gives to the front of the car without looking like I took a saw to the car.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I think I'll eventually order this to replace my 2019 grill, I like the small change it gives to the front of the car without looking like I took a saw to the car.
i agree. thats why i bought it instead of creating my own cuts like the evasive grille. It was a great idea and free if you had steady hands but it looked like an after thought and not OEM. Also if i put a mesh on the added cuts, the different "diamonds" or mesh patterns triggers my OCD lol. That's why i couldn't go for these ebay grilles too.

While i was lagging to cut my grille, the 2020 information leaked out so i just waited till it was available. Took a bit after the part number was released because i also waited for others to be the guinea pig and confirm fitment before i ordered lol. I was not about to order $80/ea eye lids if the original ones fit.

Much cheaper to cut your current one however. The grille itself isn't expensive but the emblem is insane. H emblem is like $50 so thats not bad but the Type R emblem is $80. I lucked out because a friend of mine had one laying around so i just cleaned the old tape residue off and reapplied double sided tape to the back (which was a tedious process since i used an exacto knife to cut it out to the right sizes) and stuck it on.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
It's the same part number, they posted a screenshot and circled it then followed up re-confirming again it's in fact THE SAME PART NUMBER.

You failed to read the original post because, again claimed the part number is different.

Read posts before typing bro.
You’re right. There was things that made me suspect that bumper might be different because others posted that the new fake vents dont fit directly to the ctr. But after digging in deeper i guess he had order vents from a sport hatch and not from a ctr.

Honda Civic 10th gen Comparison 2020 Type R front grill to 2017-2019 BC8D9896-5DFE-4708-95A6-14B52D9F13A6