Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For my set up why would I have to return I am not chasing Dyno numbers or tune the car to be on edge so I can say hey look at my pretty dyno plot then back the car off. ( been there and done that shit before ) No my turbo performed similar to Vit results when he has this turbo :hmm: So as in "we" are you referring to @francomakou ? I am sure if you PM @D-RobIMW I am sure he will answer any question you have pertaining to my set up. Now if you have questions about the COMP Turbo.. how about you ask those questions to @francomakou about his... Since I'm sure he will have a Ear full of crap for you:coffee: Since I'm sure you both talk on FB no??:hmm:
How am I talking crap lol just asking a simple question in terms of you saying it was super conservative was all and compared to Vits #’s he made 312whp on E40 and 276whp on 92 with his conservative tune his words not mine with afr of 11.2-11.3 AFR on 92 octane and 11.8-12.0 afr on ethanol blends.
Vits Dyno chart with E40 and 92 Octane Conservative tune for comparison. I know you guys had horrible ambient conditions too lol. I also would ask Franco but can’t really compare his turbo since the wheel is completely different than that of Vit’s and plus no post on his results yet.
Honda Civic 10th gen Comp Turbo Wheel Upgrades E2EE68BF-EF85-48DE-BEB5-737CD935A56B

Last edited:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What if... What if the comp turbo car blew tf up and that guy doesn't want to talk about it still. o_O
o_O... Naw ... it lives didn't blow up:rofl::hide:

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahhh the magical question... I have looked for there Instagram an Facebook posts about Numbers but can't seen to find them now... maybe somebody screen captured that stuff... Because what I recall was seeing one that said over 300whp and then another saying over 340whp..:popcorn:
The IG post still says "proven to make over 300whp"

Honda Civic 10th gen Comp Turbo Wheel Upgrades 335D7C18-A759-463F-BB65-2C69B19963B5

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Hold it hold it !!!
Guys WHP isn't a standard metric across dyno shops even if they are of the same type. Their calibration plays a big role too. What I mean is that VIT 300WHP to say a number can be 250WHP on another shop or 350WHP on another different one.

In conclusion no one should be celebrating that X turbo upgrade is better than Y unless they are doing the test on the same dyno shop and that isn't necessarily 100% precise either.

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hold it hold it !!!
Guys WHP isn't a standard metric across dyno shops even if they are of the same type. Their calibration plays a big role too. What I mean is that VIT 300WHP to say a number can be 250WHP on another shop or 350WHP on another different one.

In conclusion no one should be celebrating that X turbo upgrade is better than Y unless they are doing the test on the same dyno shop and that isn't necessarily 100% precise either.
Conveniently these two turbos were tested by on the same dyno, the same afternoon, by the same tuner, and dyno operator. :thumbsup:

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Conveniently these two turbos were tested by on the same dyno, the same afternoon, by the same tuner, and dyno operator. :thumbsup:
It is the same car?
Do we have a baseline?

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I promise you, the Comp Turbo car didn't blow up.

The only limit on JDM_DOHC_SiR's car is the MAP sensor limit.

These turbochargers still use the stock exhaust housing and exhaust wheel, so they are still limited on how much they can flow out of the engine. I have a few notes regarding the Comp wheel combination that I am holding until I talk with Comp directly.

Anyone expecting these turbochargers to make much more power under 28-29psi is in for a rude awakening.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like the proper way to validate gains and compare to me. Car to car variance shouldn't be too great.

I find it entertaining how everyone is freaking out lol Seems no one has patience anymore.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
So when are you going a more aggressive tune lol or something not conservative to the max
Yeah, it's not what I would call "conservative to the max," but it doesn't have anything extra jammed down it's throat. It has what it needs to make power, and nothing more.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like the proper way to validate gains and compare to me. Car to car variance shouldn't be too great.

I find it entertaining how everyone is freaking out lol Seems no one has patience anymore.
Without a proper baseline on both cars.
How do we know that one is a factory freak or underpowered from the factory?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because out of the dozen or more baselines I have seen there has only been 10-15hp variance.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because out of the dozen or more baselines I have seen there has only been 10-15hp variance.
Ooook. Great opportunity wasted.

I guess this is why there are people specialized in data like me. Not everyone is suitable to deal with this stuff.
I'm out of here, the test is already flawed as I can clearly see.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, it's not what I would call "conservative to the max," but it doesn't have anything extra jammed down it's throat. It has what it needs to make power, and nothing more.
So no 12.9 AFR, maxed out injectors and cutting out up top?

Ooook. Great opportunity wasted.

I guess this is why there are people specialized in data like me. Not everyone is suitable to deal with this stuff.
I'm out of here, the test is already flawed as I can clearly see.
I would imagine that if they went through the process and trouble of both tuning at the same time on the same dyno, I cant imagine they didn't run baselines, But hey who knows. Maybe @JDM_DOHC_SiR can enlighten us on the process.
Sponsored