Comp Turbo Wheel Upgrades

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Nice! What clutch and flywheel setup are you running? I've heard mixed things about the Competition Clutch setups, but they seem to be the only aftermarket option...
Fx300 and oem dual mass.

Currently on ethanol running at 28.5 pounds with no slippage in sight
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It was unclear who's testing what when, but sounds good. I'll look forward to the data.
I will be testing the Vit's 11 Blade Compressor Wheel Turbo and @francomakou will be testing the Comp 6x6 Compressor Wheel Turbo both cars have similar mods and will be tuned by Derek Robinson on the same Dyno the same day.. so we should have some good comparisons to how they differ in the power delivery :hmm:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I will be testing the Vit's 11 Blade Compressor Wheel Turbo and @francomakou will be testing the Comp 6x6 Compressor Wheel Turbo both cars have similar mods and will be tuned by Derek Robinson on the same Dyno the same day.. so we should have some good comparisons to how they differ in the power delivery :hmm:
Awesome. Is Vit's design even still an option, or is his turbo just being used as a basis for comparison?

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome. Is Vit's design even still an option, or is his turbo just being used as a basis for comparison?
I feel like it’s Comp FTW!!!

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Vit's Design is no longer available for obvious reasons;).. But I have the Original One... now I went with this even though I new COMP had their 6x6 design available.. No I am sure the 6x6 will make more power up top but I didn't want to give up too much down low and that's why I stuck with Vit's… but... there are a few upgrades that I have done to Vit's to help if breath a bit better:cool:.. Overall for the Daily Driver the comparison between these two turbos should be very close... just a slight shift in power band here and there.. I'd say they both should be within 10-15hp and 10-15ftlbs... if that. but we will see in a month:hmm:

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Are these 2 turbos similar to the 27Won turbo? And how did you get a hold of Vits turbo?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are these 2 turbos similar to the 27Won turbo? And how did you get a hold of Vits turbo?
He offered it for sale on Facebook. Was wondering who bought it. It will be interesting to see the two compared. You do not often get to test something like that on the same dyno, with the same tuner. Good idea regarding pooling resources and flying Derek out.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are these 2 turbos similar to the 27Won turbo?
Not really... these two turbo's only have the Compressor wheel modified so they will not take as much of a hit to the bottom end as the 27Won has... but will not make as much up top... but not be too far behind.... kind of a in between option.:thumbsup:

And how did you get a hold of Vits turbo?
I have know Vit for a very long time... so I gave him a reasonable offer and he hooked me up with a really good deal on it ;) …. and I tend to get him parts from Japan when he needs them :p:cool:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was wondering who bought it.
:ninja::rofl:

It will be interesting to see the two compared. You do not often get to test something like that on the same dyno, with the same tuner. Good idea regarding pooling resources and flying Derek out.
Don't like to mess around when it comes to tuning my car:thumbsup::wave:

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not really... these two turbo's only have the Compressor wheel modified so they will not take as much of a hit to the bottom end as the 27Won has... but will not make as much up top... but not be too far behind.... kind of a in between option.:thumbsup:

I have know Vit for a very long time... so I gave him a reasonable offer and he hooked me up with a really good deal on it ;) …. and I tend to get him parts from Japan when he needs them :p:cool:
That's awesome! Cant wait for the results next month