Community Type R Location / Color / MSRP? Spreadsheet

aays06

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CRV
I don't know, I have seen way more CW than any other individual color. Maybe it's just me.
Cw should be the most desired. It’s the only color that is exclusive to the R. Why wouldn’t it be?
Sponsored

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Cw should be the most desired. It’s the only color that is exclusive to the R. Why wouldn’t it be?
I don't believe most people think that way -- the "exclusive" color is relevant only when comparing against other Civics and Hondas, right? Moreover, white is white to most people, regardless of any gradation of shade or tint.

Using that logic, if Honda were to offer a 2019 CTR with the exclusive color of Neon Kermit Vomit ("NKV"), are people going to rush to buy that color? I also don't think that CTR's sales of white ones would decrease by any material amount if CW was replaced with Pearl White in 2019.

Don't get me wrong, I think CW looks great on CTR, and I was thinking of buying one. But that's because I like white cars (I have owned a several) in general, not because CW is the only exclusive color to CTR or it is some exquisite tint or shade of white.

Just IMHO.

aays06

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CRV
I don't believe most people think that way -- the "exclusive" color is relevant only when comparing against other Civics and Hondas, right? Moreover, white is white to most people, regardless of any gradation of shade or tint.

Using that logic, if Honda were to offer a 2019 CTR with the exclusive color of Neon Kermit Vomit ("NKV"), are people going to rush to buy that color? I also don't think that CTR's sales of white ones would decrease by any material amount if CW was replaced with Pearl White in 2019.

Don't get me wrong, I think CW looks great on CTR, and I was thinking of buying one. But that's because I like white cars (I have owned a several) in general, not because CW is the only exclusive color to CTR or it is some exquisite tint or shade of white.

Just IMHO.

Just IMHO.

Not saying your logic doesn’t make sense but the cw still is the exclusive color to the r and will and should retain the higher value. Look at adm as well. The cw is the highest.

mmcglasson

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru BRZ
Good afternoon everyone. I live in the DMV area (Maryland to be exact) and I'm looking to purchase a 2018 Honda Civic Type R. Anyone know any dealers that are selling for MSRP that have a White or Red one in stock?

xenotactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic
Good afternoon everyone. I live in the DMV area (Maryland to be exact) and I'm looking to purchase a 2018 Honda Civic Type R. Anyone know any dealers that are selling for MSRP that have a White or Red one in stock?
Good luck on finding MSRP in those colors

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Not that auto show reps are usually knowledged but they seemed to be under the impression that they will be producing the CTR for years ahead. Meaning supply will eventually meet most demand like the RS...

Fredline

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mazda Miata MX-5
Country flag
Just added 4 in WA state to the excel spreadsheet.
Good luck!

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag

Just IMHO.
In the Porsche GT (GT4/GT3/GT2) world it's just about exactly how you describe. If the car most used in press photos is a particular color, that color sells more. If they offer a color in a slightly different shade and say it's exclusive, that becomes more desirable. Neon Kermit Vomit has been released several times to universal acclaim. Seriously (although they call it something different).

On a more grounded note, I like racing history and I actually do think CW is special just because it's evocative of that history. I do think the appeal would decrease slightly if it was replaced with "pearl white." That being said, it's too bright for a DD for me and I'll choose a different color.

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
Was helping a member find one out here for MSRP but no dealer is honoring that price, so I have the following information if anyone is interested.

Long Island, NY Type R's
------------------------------
Atlantic Honda (avoid this dealer)
(1) 2018 white on the lot - $49990

Nardy Honda
(1) 2018 red on the lot - $37995

Huntington Honda
(2) 2018 white on the lot - $38995
(1) black on the lot - $38995

Millennium Honda
(1) 2018 white on the lot - $39995
(1) 2018 polished metal on the lot - $39995
If there are any 2017's left - $37,900

Honda of Valley Stream
(2) 2018 red in transit - price unknown

North Shore Honda
(1) 2018 white on the lot - price unknown

Advantage Honda
(1) 2018 white on the lot - price unknown

Baron Honda
(1) 2018 white in transit - price unknown
Nardy up in Smithtown tried to BS me into one for 40k

tv4184

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FK8, IS300, V8 4Runner, FD RX7
I'm not sure if someone would want to update but I got mine through Richard Sapp at Honda of Spring in Houston at MSRP - no mark up. Apparently someone passed on it because they did not want white?

ratimux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
Back on the market for a 2018 Type R Polished Metal Metallic on the South East @ MSRP no add-ons. Let me know if you know of one. I appreciate it!

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Autopark Honda in NC is getting a polished metal CTR. I just found out today and they will be selling it at MSRP no add ons. Good luck
Sponsored