Combs Sonic Gray Snail

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm putting this here so I can keep track of my progress. I don't have any super out there plans. At the moment my goal is to tackle suspension and wheels. Once there is more aftermarket support with companies I trust I will probably do some performance things.

My sportlines are scheduled to be here on Friday and I have an appointment to have my windows tinted on saturday.

Anywho, here's the sport hatch as it sits now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Combs Sonic Gray Snail IMG_20170327_115714_996

So mods/wish list in the future (will check off and document once finished)

-Eibach Sportlines
-SPC Control Arms
-Tinted windows
-Cusco strut bar
-18x8.5 wheels
-DC5R Recaros

That's at least my order of operations at the moment until I feel like doing anything under the hood.

Sportlines came in last night. Going to go get the windows tinted in a few hours.

Honda Civic 10th gen Combs Sonic Gray Snail IMG_20170331_171313_524
Honda Civic 10th gen Combs Sonic Gray Snail IMG_20170327_115714_996

Last edited:

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm putting this here so I can keep track of my progress. I don't have any super out there plans. At the moment my goal is to tackle suspension and wheels. Once there is more aftermarket support with companies I trust I will probably do some performance things.

My sportlines are scheduled to be here on Friday and I have an appointment to have my windows tinted on saturday.

Anywho, here's the sport hatch as it sits now.

IMG_20170327_115714_996.jpg

So mods/wish list in the future (will check off and document once finished)

-Eibach Sportlines
-SPC Control Arms
-Tinted windows
-Cusco strut bar
-18x8.5 wheels
-DC5R Recaros

That's at least my order of operations at the moment until I feel like doing anything under the hood.

Sportlines came in last night. Going to go get the windows tinted in a few hours.

IMG_20170331_171313_524.jpg
IMG_20170327_115714_996.jpg
I see a good amount of people putting Eibachs on their hatches. I think I'll look into it myself! I'm comparing the sportline over the pro-kit, why'd you go with sportlines?

OP
OP
CombsCivicHatch

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Only because they go lower than the pro kit. I still need to order the control arms before I install them so I can get a proper alignment.

I chose this route instead of coilovers because if I had coils I'd want to ride slammed and I can't do that because of the rural roads where I live.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only because they go lower than the pro kit. I still need to order the control arms before I install them so I can get a proper alignment.

I chose this route instead of coilovers because if I had coils I'd want to ride slammed and I can't do that because of the rural roads where I live.
So if I'm looking into going this route as well, what else do I need to buy alongside the Eibachs? I'm new to all of this, but from what I've understood, lowering my car will changed the alignment and I'll have to get that checked. But if alignment is off, what do I do?

OP
OP
CombsCivicHatch

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
From what I've gathered if you get the pro kit, it shouldn't effect you're aligment much at all.

Since the sport lines go lower it may effect your camber. So you would need a camber kit or control arms to be able to adjust your camber accordingly.

Once you get everything installed it would be a good idea to take the car to an aligment shop so they can properly adjust your toe and camber so you don't have any premature tire wear.

Now you can still install everything without an aligment but you run the risk of wearing your tires unevenly or needing to replace them sooner than you usually would.

And if your aligment is off an aligment shop should be able to fix it relatively easily for you.

And here's a link to the camber arms.
https://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/SPC-67467-PR.html

Last edited:

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From what I've gathered if you get the pro kit, it shouldn't effect you're aligment much at all.

Since the sport lines go lower it may effect your camber. So you would need a camber kit or control arms to be able to adjust your camber accordingly.

Once you get everything installed it would be a good idea to take the car to an aligment shop so they can properly adjust your toe and camber so you don't have any premature tire wear.

Now you can still install everything without an aligment but you run the risk of wearing your tires unevenly or needing to replace them sooner than you usually would.

And if your aligment is off an aligment shop should be able to fix it relatively easily for you.

And here's a link to the camber arms.
https://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/SPC-67467-PR.html
Thanks for the great information!! :D

OP
OP
CombsCivicHatch

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Update: Got my JDM badges from ICB today. Ordered the ones for the sedan. Just finished the front, was pretty easy. Waiting to peal the gunk off the back, then I'm done.
Honda Civic 10th gen Combs Sonic Gray Snail IMG_20170413_170433_591

OP
OP
CombsCivicHatch

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The Tanabe strut bar came in today along with my SPC control arms.

I'm impressed with the strut bar. It looks real nice. I had to take a picture after I opened everything because I was excited lol

Should have a picture of it installed either today or tomorrow

Honda Civic 10th gen Combs Sonic Gray Snail IMG_20170418_121657

OP
OP
CombsCivicHatch

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Cusco china apparently has one out but you have to get it through ebay.

Honestly, most of it is probably in my head thinking I'm noticing a difference on corners. Once I finally get my springs and controls arms put on and get my alignment dialed in, I will probably enjoy it more.