Color?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Zroger73: I read the same article. I too thought grey was boring but then I looked at it in the dealership, it looks great in the SI Coupe.

With my OCD, the car will be wash every week and wax every month! Lol.
Speaking of OCD, this is what really stands out to me about gray and silver. :(

Honda Civic 10th gen Color? Untitled

Honda Civic 10th gen Color? Untitled2

Last edited:

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Is that your car?
Mine and though I know exactly what he is referring to when it comes to the paint shading differences between metal and plastic surfaces it is not easily noticed on the MSM to me. Same car different angles amd shading

Honda Civic 10th gen Color? 70A8007F-CD5F-4CAB-A036-127ECE070EE2

Honda Civic 10th gen Color? C8454584-E229-4C51-8EE8-001D6219BA64

Last edited:

DoingOK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I originally picked out the white Si coupe......and then I noticed a very noticeable color shade difference between the bumper cover and fender. I ended up with the darker gray and it was a perfect match and subtly hides the garish fake vents. I'll never own another black car again.
Honda Civic 10th gen Color? IMG_1178.JPG

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
I originally picked out the white Si coupe......and then I noticed a very noticeable color shade difference between the bumper cover and fender. I ended up with the darker gray and it was a perfect match and subtly hides the garish fake vents. I'll never own another black car again.
IMG_1178.JPG
When I bought my Si, they only had 2 at my local dealer.
A white coupe and a grey sedan.

The grey looked mighty appealing in the showroom alongside the white.
What I like about they grey is its subtle and blend ins more than white but can still be noticed.
And as mentioned it hides the vents nicely.

Rorschach22a

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
My 2007 Si was black-- I had my heart set on that color and didn't listen to allllll the people who advised against it... I was young and stupid.

Looks sexy and sinister when it's shiny and clean and new, but that lasts about a week before it gets dingy from dust, pollen and water spots. After a year every parking lot snafu, minor scratch or rock chip stands out. After ten years (and recalled defective crackling paint for Nighthawk Black Pearl), my old Si was a swirly, faded, patchy, beat-looking mess. Not worth it, no matter how pretty it looks new.

I've seen a white Si in my area, it looks ok but the black fake vents really stand out. My 2017 is steel gray metallic-- pre-ordered and got the first of 7 total sent to that dealer. It's not as boring as one might think! I got the front lip which only comes in Rallye red for whatever reason, but it definitely made my car instantly recognizable (the salesman was puzzled by that option too). Some guy tried to buy it off the lot the minute he saw it before I picked up, and I had strangers coming up to me at gas stations complementing it saying they had seen it a few towns over where I worked. Less positive was the massive amount of bored-cop attention it attracted when I went to the Jersey shore in September-- got pulled over twice and followed at least two more times even with the speed limit on cruise control after getting a $180 speeding ticket... You get the picture. Maintains well, complements the carbon fiber accents and blends beautifully with all things black and red.

As for the rest...
Lunar Silver is... safe? Haven't seen an Si or Type R in that color yet, but on all the other Civics it just seems a bit dull. Aegean Blue is pretty but easy to get bored with and clashes with red accents; Rallye Red by itself is just too much RED, and the lack of pearliness makes it seem like a bad shade of nail polish;
That awful electric green I don't care to know the formal name of just screams insecure teenage boy racer-- and also quite emphatically screams "please officer, pull me over!"
Black is super sexy if you plan on washing and waxing as a full-time job, most times it ends up looking dingy;
White Orchid Pearl is a beautiful color, and compliments black, red and carbon fiber nicely too-- but it does make the black "accents" stand out a lot more.

Steel Gray was my happy middle ground
Honda Civic 10th gen Color? IMG_20171110_170508~2
Honda Civic 10th gen Color? 20170718_182508~2

Rorschach22a

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no you didn't!!! :bat:
I have a little accent of Rallye it's lovely! Lol and I unfortunately will admit I also own that awful matching nail polish-- kinda killed the whole color for me. I would like it a little more if it were Pearl tho
...Just too much RED when combined with the red Si badges and tail lights. Gotta balance out the color of passion haha

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I have a little accent of Rallye it's lovely! Lol and I unfortunately will admit I also own that awful matching nail polish-- kinda killed the whole color for me. I would like it a little more if it were Pearl tho
...Just too much RED when combined with the red Si badges and tail lights. Gotta balance out the color of passion haha
I hear ya. I also thought it was too much but it surprisingly grew on me. Now I'm glad I got that color. For better or worse, it stands out. Lol

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
For about 30 minutes around my town.....then it's bugs and pollen. :cool:
I never said black was easy I just said it was beautiful :) My very first car was a taxicab yellow mustang. After that...they've all been black. I was put on this path of masochism by my grandfather's '55 Chevy Belair. He kept that thing spotless.

But yes...alas...it is a full-time job keeping it pretty, but the one thing in my favor is at least on the coupe, the fake-y vents are small and less noticeable...

DoingOK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I never said black was easy I just said it was beautiful :) My very first car was a taxicab yellow mustang. After that...they've all been black. I was put on this path of masochism by my grandfather's '55 Chevy Belair. He kept that thing spotless.

But yes...alas...it is a full-time job keeping it pretty, but the one thing in my favor is at least on the coupe, the fake-y vents are small and less noticeable...
Oh I agree.....when it is clean, black is fantastic. My old ocd self would go bonkers.
Sponsored