DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I was thinking... What color scheme to go with for my SI. I feel like blacked out is super played out. And black and red is cliche.... Maybe I sound like a girl but I was thinking Maybe like black paint red Honda H's and maybe front lip and gold rims?

Anyone else have ideas as to what color scheme they want to go with?
Sponsored

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm tempted to do bright blue mirrors and rims with my white civic. I know it looks slightly goofy or perhaps childish but I'm digging this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Color scheme ideas? upload_2017-7-11_10-54-50

For you, Black and gold/bronze works, Black with white wheels works as well, as does Black with bright silver.

Black is very flexible. But I'm not into black rims for the most part. but to each their own.

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I'm not so sure about gold rims. That reminds me of the early-90s when "gold packages" (emblems, wheels, badges) were all the rage. That's how dealers made money with add-ons before nitrogen and VIN-etching came along. ;)

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know exactly what you mean, I HATE GOLD big time. but goldish-bronze wheels look good as long as they're not gold gold (like gold chrome) and they don't gold plate everything else like crazy. Looks cheap to me.

But Black/Gold to me for an example would be this:
Honda Civic 10th gen Color scheme ideas? 2965825480_47fea8b2a6_b

Honda Civic 10th gen Color scheme ideas? 6c2121b5127cc66ef5e213da17b6f4bd

OP
OP

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah I am not sure I think I either want XXR or MR7 racing rims in gold or bronze. I'm just wondering what color to make everything else like lips and side skirts. Body colored or what?

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't do anything else in bronze or gold outside of wheels. but that's me. If you really wanted you could gold plate the chrome trim around the windows. But even that might end up looking cheap. But where as I don't like it, perhaps you do, and it is YOUR car.

If really aiming to contrast - the only other thing I can think of a metallic tint on the windows to imitate a bronze finish. If that's your thing. like this
Honda Civic 10th gen Color scheme ideas? 1025-bronze-tint
Sponsored