LimeyDi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.limeydi.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
Hello all,

I currently am in the market for the new civic (EX-T). Here's my dilemma: I can't decide what color!

The dealerships near me have black and the Aegean blue. I like both of them. The black looks sleek and classic, yet the blue is fun and nice as well.

If you have one of these colors, do you have any regrets? Does the beautiful sheen on the black wear off? How hard is it to keep these colors clean?

Thanks for any help or opinions.
I got Burgundy Night Pearl and not only is it a mysterious enticing shade but it has launched a lot of fun in a fake argument with my sister who maintains it is black ... in fact it is black like an eggplant in dull light, and also like an eggplant is a purple haze when the sun shines on it. Many compliments. Almost as satisfying as my best color ever, Camellia Rose pearl on a years-ago Civic.
Sponsored

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
It was between Modern Steel and Lunar Silver for me - I went back and forth and almost got the MS but in the end decided on the silver. Happy with it so far!

CBR600F4i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Try to pick a colour that nobody else in your circle of family/friends have.

markhu

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2010 Subaru Legacy
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up picking mine based on interior color (the mysteriously-rare grey) instead of exterior. I'm unclear if you are free to mix-and-match, or if there is a short list of predetermined combinations.

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
So let me start off by saying I spent about 3 hours this past weekend detailing my Crystal Black Pearl EX-T. With that being said, I would not recommend getting a black car unless you are prepared to maintain the paint more than any other color. Black paint shows scratches, swirl marks, and dirt easily so if you're not up to the challenge of detailing, I would pick white or silver. Fortunately for me, I find detailing enjoyable so I'm up for the challenge! Nothing looks better than well kept black paint!

OP
OP

tylerdw89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic
Well...I ended up with Black! Very happy with the car besides some small glitches with the tech. Got the EX-T and this thing is fast! I'll just have to keep it clean and maybe detail it once a month. It just looked so good in black!

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
Well...I ended up with Black! Very happy with the car besides some small glitches with the tech. Got the EX-T and this thing is fast! I'll just have to keep it clean and maybe detail it once a month. It just looked so good in black!
That's awesome man! I think black looks the classiest anyways so great choice.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on your shiny new black car, @tylerdw89. I've only had mine for a couple of weeks and although it's a bit more work to keep it clean, it sure is satisfying as heck once you're done washing it. I spent over an hour giving her a bath the other day in the nice weather and it was the most enjoyable cleaning experience I've ever had. I took some pics right after if you want to check them out in my "garage".

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Went through the same dilemma for weeks. It was between the Ablue, WOP or CBP. Blue is my go to color in any sporty looking vehicle. I was sure I'd pick the blue. However in person, while the blue looks awesome something TO ME looks off. The body lines IMO are best shown on Lunar silver, CBP and WOP. I went with black because there is nothing sharper than a shiny black ride.

As far as the maintenance issues go, I have to question some peoples physical health. No offense intended to anyone here at all, but its simply not THAT MUCH work. If you are overweight perhaps it's an issue. But for the most part, if you can keep a California duster in your trunk and some quick detail type spray you are talking 5 min tops every other day to keep you proud. Sure waxing and REAL detailing take longer but nobody should rush that on any color or you're not doing it right. The key is to not let it get to the point where it does take 3 hours, lets call it preventative maintenance.

Some meguiars QD and a microfiber cloth...you mist the side of the entire vehicle, wipe down, fold rag in half to dry part and wipe again. Wash rinse repeat (pun intended). It is really not THAT bad. Again no offense as I'm new here but I think some of the people who think it's agony owning a black vehicle are VERY sedentary types. I will cycle for 50 miles then wash the car. If you are somewhat active, don't be discouraged just know you will spend 5-10 min every 3 days touching up your car. Feels good man, feels good.

Source- Worked in a detail/body shop for 6 years.

Last edited:

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
It was between Modern Steel and Lunar Silver for me - I went back and forth and almost got the MS but in the end decided on the silver. Happy with it so far!
Hello there! I am purchasing a Touring in august and really liked the lunar silver. How is the color overall in arizona with the sun and keeping it clean. Does it look good at night?

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Im getting mine tomorrow afternoon and went with burgundy night pearl, love the fact that it looks black at night and under the sun it looks purple like, looooove it!!

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Try finding a WOP with black leather in NJ. Almost impossible.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I think I would go with Cosmic Blue Metallic...it is a really nice color in person. My second choice would be Aegean blue. I don't think I will ever get a black car again.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try finding a WOP with black leather in NJ. Almost impossible.
In Canada, black leather is your only choice with WOP. It suited me fine as I wanted the black. Ivory leather is only offered on a CBP Touring. All cloth interiors, any trim or colour, is black.
Sponsored