Color choice difficulty

tylerdw89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic
Hello all,

I currently am in the market for the new civic (EX-T). Here's my dilemma: I can't decide what color!

The dealerships near me have black and the Aegean blue. I like both of them. The black looks sleek and classic, yet the blue is fun and nice as well.

If you have one of these colors, do you have any regrets? Does the beautiful sheen on the black wear off? How hard is it to keep these colors clean?

Thanks for any help or opinions.
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Go for blue, it'll actually stand out when most Civics are white or black. Besides, black is a colour that only looks good if it's under perfect maintenance. If you don't keep your car up meticulously but waxing and polishing every so often, it's going to look like garbage. With that being said, black does make the Civiclook like a compact executive car when it's shiny.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Yeah, black is bad unless you wash often, then it's very sharp. Also if you live in an area with a lot of dust, you want to avoid black. I used to live in Arizona and my car was constantly covered with a fine (sometimes thick) layer of dust.

If there's another color you like better than those two, be patient and wait it out until they come to your dealers, or order from the factory. I waited almost 3 months to find my Cosmic Blue Touring and still had to drive almost 2 hours to get it. But totally worth it. It's depressing to spend $25K+ and not get exactly what you want.

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
I'm biased but blue!:D

I think in the end you just need to pick the color that will make you smile everytime you walk out to your car.

OP
OP

tylerdw89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic
Thanks for your replies! I stopped by the dealer today and now I'm intrigued by the silver (and usually I don't like silver)

newf4350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wop touring(civic)
Hello all,

I currently am in the market for the new civic (EX-T). Here's my dilemma: I can't decide what color!

The dealerships near me have black and the Aegean blue. I like both of them. The black looks sleek and classic, yet the blue is fun and nice as well.

If you have one of these colors, do you have any regrets? Does the beautiful sheen on the black wear off? How hard is it to keep these colors clean?

Thanks for any help or opinions.
I was going burgundy or black, but was talked into buying white pearl....and I love it...so many compliments & no regrets...good luck

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I used to live in Arizona and my car was constantly covered with a fine (sometimes thick) layer of dust.
Yep, such a pain here and definitely a losing battle trying to keep it clean. That layer of dust on the windshield a day or two after washing it drives me nuts.

dabearshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my blue it stands out really nice and at night it's prettier.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The decision was a bit easier for me since we have a lot less options in Canada (Cosmic Blue and Rallye Red aren't available at all, and Aegean Blue isn't available here until the spring). I ended up deciding between white (WOP) and black (CBP). I was leaning towards the WOP since it showed off the nice lines of the car better and I liked the contrast of the white and black features on the front and rear ends. But in Canada, the only colour here that comes with the Ivory leather interior is CBP so I went with CBP over WOP since the two-tone Ivory interior just looked so awesome. I think in the states you can get the Ivory interior with WOP, CBP or Burgundy Night Pearl as well though. I'm waiting for the dealer to call me about picking up my new car - they said it would be in this week and it's already Saturday so I'm getting super excited!

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
So far I have not purchased my Touring Civic yet. I'm torn between 2 colours, Modern Steel, or Aegean Blue. The blue one is just starting to make its way to the Canadian dealers soon, so I haven't been able to see that color on the Civic other than in pictures. The Modern Steel looks great. I live on a gravel road and with the blue, I'm worried the road dust will dull the blue quite quickly like it does on black cars. Also being from Canada, road salt residue is quite common.

Any Modern Steel Civics out there on gravel roads regret their color choice?

hondabuildquality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
First I loved black, then I remembered how hard it is to maintain. So then I wanted white, but silver also looked really, really good. I also love the cosmic blue, though, and come to think of it, I think it looks good in every colour. I can't believe Honda would make it so difficult to buy one of their cars. I don't know which one I want.

hondabuildquality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
One thing worth considering is that the difference between white vs black can be worth a few MPGs, especially in very hot climates. I used to have a link to a study some graduate student at UC Berkley did, but I lost it.

I think black looks just so damn good on the Civic, but it's also the hardest to keep clean and warms the car up the most... I can't decide.

Buccal_Up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T
Country flag
cant go wrong with either! I chose modern steel but if i could do it over again i'd have a harder decision between that and white
Sponsored