daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Just used the high & low tone horns from a 18 Accord, seems pretty loud to me, parts cost for the two was around $35.00, could have used a set of Hellas with same results. Dealer installed, took about an hour.
So you bought the horns somewhere else and had a dealer install them? How much did the installation cost? I would like to upgrade my horns, but don't wanna deal with the installation process haha. I'm tired of all my friends making fun of my horn
Sponsored

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
So you bought the horns somewhere else and had a dealer install them? How much did the installation cost? I would like to upgrade my horns, but don't wanna deal with the installation process haha. I'm tired of all my friends making fun of my horn
Nope, got the horns thru my dealer and my mechanic at the dealer did the installation, if I remember it was about $100 as the front bumper has to be removed & replaced. I also upgraded to the factory LED fogs at the same time. Added Lamin-X yellow film to the fogs before installing. The Accord horns are a bit more "big car" sounding than the Hellas, had Hellas on my Miatas, was pleased with them, they would actually be an easier install considering the space the intercooler piping takes. I'm lucky to have a good mechanic at my dealer who is helpful and inventive with stuff like this.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fyi. Those doing the horn upgrade and do the fmic upgrade later, you will have to be creative to mount the horn. Especially if you go dual horn setup.

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
Anyone know if the sport touring hatch comes with 2 horns or just 1? I'm thinking about doing dual tone horn but I probabaly need the adapter to allow both to work?

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know if the sport touring hatch comes with 2 horns or just 1? I'm thinking about doing dual tone horn but I probabaly need the adapter to allow both to work?
Only 1. The adapter can help you to convert to aftermarket horn, but still only 1, you'll have to split it using something like a piggyback plug, as suggested in post #18 ;)

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only 1. The adapter can help you to convert to aftermarket horn, but still only 1, you'll have to split it using something like a piggyback plug, as suggested in post #18 ;)
How hard is it to use the piggyback plug? Sounds a bit complicated. So I would need to get the adapter then split it up with the adapter to then use 2 horns?

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How hard is it to use the piggyback plug? Sounds a bit complicated. So I would need to get the adapter then split it up with the adapter to then use 2 horns?
Not too bad, so the adapter will convert the wire into 2 pin connectors (both female), that is good for one aftermarket horn. What the piggyback does is to split out another connection.

Piggyback connector:
1 end receiving the raw wire
The other end has a female connector to plug into the pin (male) behind the horn
Then it split another pin (male) out, so more wire and connectors can go from there

I think the hardest part here is to get the connectors and wires cramp together, and with the right tools you can finish it fairly quickly.

Tools I think you'll need besides the horn(s) and college hill adapter:
-Connectors (piggyback/female/male), just grab like a box of assorted one from Amazon
-wire
-wire cramper
-electric tape to cover exposed metal connection, just to be safe, since the horn is sitting pretty low, I think it's easy to get moisture around.

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not too bad, so the adapter will convert the wire into 2 pin connectors (both female), that is good for one aftermarket horn. What the piggyback does is to split out another connection.

Piggyback connector:
1 end receiving the raw wire
The other end has a female connector to plug into the pin (male) behind the horn
Then it split another pin (male) out, so more wire and connectors can go from there

I think the hardest part here is to get the connectors and wires cramp together, and with the right tools you can finish it fairly quickly.

Tools I think you'll need besides the horn(s) and college hill adapter:
-Connectors (piggyback/female/male), just grab like a box of assorted one from Amazon
-wire
-wire cramper
-electric tape to cover exposed metal connection, just to be safe, since the horn is sitting pretty low, I think it's easy to get moisture around.
Okay doesn't seem too complicated. What type of wire would I need to get? If anything I'll just get a low tone horn from college hills or get an accord horn and replace our crappy horn.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay doesn't seem too complicated. What type of wire would I need to get? If anything I'll just get a low tone horn from college hills or get an accord horn and replace our crappy horn.
Not sure if it's good, but this is what I used
Hook up Wire Kit (Stranded Wire Kit) 22 Guage (6 different colored 25 Foot spools included) - EX ELECTRONIX EXPRESS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4ZQ3L0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_A04xDb3H2KGDG

The challenge of adding one oem horn to a single horn system, is that they both uses a factory connector on the back, which will take more work to split the wire and work to connect 2 factory connectors...

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure if it's good, but this is what I used
Hook up Wire Kit (Stranded Wire Kit) 22 Guage (6 different colored 25 Foot spools included) - EX ELECTRONIX EXPRESS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4ZQ3L0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_A04xDb3H2KGDG

The challenge of adding one oem horn to a single horn system, is that they both uses a factory connector on the back, which will take more work to split the wire and work to connect 2 factory connectors...
I might just get the single horn upgrade from CHH then, or should I get the low tone from the accord? Not sure which has the better/louder sound though

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might just get the single horn upgrade from CHH then, or should I get the low tone from the accord? Not sure which has the better/louder sound though
Either way, as long as you are comfortable doing the DIY or willing to pay a shop to do it.

I'm not sure about how the OEM Accord horn sounds, especially only the low tone, but for aftermarket ones, you can try YouTube, that's how I decide which set of double horn I want from PIAA.

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Either way, as long as you are comfortable doing the DIY or willing to pay a shop to do it.

I'm not sure about how the OEM Accord horn sounds, especially only the low tone, but for aftermarket ones, you can try YouTube, that's how I decide which set of double horn I want from PIAA.
There's another thread about using the accord horn. I've asked in there about how the low tone sound but no one has responded yet. The one college hills sells is like a bit more of a fuller meep sound from what I've heard

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's another thread about using the accord horn. I've asked in there about how the low tone sound but no one has responded yet. The one college hills sells is like a bit more of a fuller meep sound from what I've heard
Is it because most of them are using both together? So they're can't quite tell you what it's like to use just one
Sponsored