n3umw

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe 1.5L CVT
Country flag
What are the splitter crimp terminals called? I'm trying to find them on Amazon. The singles are probably Crimp Terminal AMP; RECEPTACLE; 22-18AWG

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Interesting. I'm surprised the OEM wiring can handle both horns.

n3umw

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe 1.5L CVT
Country flag
Thanks for the piggyback link.

Not surprising the circuit can handle two horns. Common engineering practice is to design with a safety margin. And as the circuit is probably a duplicate of the Accord's, two horns may still have a decent safety margin.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Interesting. I'm surprised the OEM wiring can handle both horns.
I kinda' worried about that as well. The fuse is 10 amps for that wiring. IIRC... the math for the two PIAA horns comes out to 7.5 amps or so. I emailed CHH re: the gauge of the wiring adapter or its rating. They replied that the information was not available. So we're on our own. However... given that the circuit is protected up to 10 amps; I'd assume that the OEM wiring is rated for that number. The adapter's wiring, to my eye, looks the same. But I wish CHH would verify this. Lastly... unless I'm planning on holding the horn down traffic jam style; I think we'll be okay.

I managed to find a photo of my PIAAs before I installed them. For some reason, I cannot rotate the images.

Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade piaa01

Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade piaa02

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I kinda' worried about that as well. The fuse is 10 amps for that wiring. IIRC... the math for the two PIAA horns comes out to 7.5 amps or so. I emailed CHH re: the gauge of the wiring adapter or its rating. They replied that the information was not available. So we're on our own. However... given that the circuit is protected up to 10 amps; I'd assume that the OEM wiring is rated for that number. The adapter's wiring, to my eye, looks the same. But I wish CHH would verify this. Lastly... unless I'm planning on holding the horn down traffic jam style; I think we'll be okay.

I managed to find a photo of my PIAAs before I installed them. For some reason, I cannot rotate the images.

piaa01.jpg

piaa02.jpg
Question for the pictures :D
Are those brackets all come with the PIAA horn? (Silver and black)

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The black brackets are included with the PIAA and seem to be permanently attached despite the screw. There's a warning not to mess with it.

The silver one is part of the kit that also includes the wire to connect the negative to the chassis. I'm pretty sure it came with the horn. But I can't say 100%. It's an easy part to find at a hardware store, though.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've decided to give that a try today, spent probably more than an hour trying to take the grill cover off, since I'm not comfortable removing the whole bumper, and most of the time is spent on fearing I'm breaking or scratching something...
Well eventually the cover is off and I literally shouted "Hallelujah!"

I grab my 95% ready PIAA kit, plug it all together, and tested out that amazing sound:love: And now I'm sure that once it's all done, every Mustang on the road should hear me yelling for their rudeness:cool:

Trying to put this new kit in is like doing puzzle, and I'm not good at puzzle... I ended up realized I need one more piece to rise the front mounting point a bit (where the original horn mounted), or perhaps I should have tried putting the mounting bracket 90 degree up to the right, that might buy me some room... Seeing it's getting late for today, got to put things back to original:( feels like I've wasted the time in taking that cover off, but at least now I'm sure of how I should finish up the wiring. I'll probably show some pictures to my mechanic and have them take care of that...

Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade 20190601_195919
Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade 20190601_195900
Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade 20190601_195855_HDR

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Coming from someone whose purchased both the college hills honda kit and the hella dual horn kit, save your money and get a dual kit. Yes, the CHH will be louder than stock but if you're like me and use the horn on a frequent basis, you need a true dual tone kit(high and low).

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok... How much difference between the PIAA and the dual horn set from CHH found here:. https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/3852.html

This appears to come with everything needed without splicing cables.
The PIAA horns that I posted are lower in pitch that the WOLO's, IIRC. And, to my eye, they are slightly smaller.

I used FIAMM horns in the past and liked them.

WOLO's seem to be popular. And it looks like those have a little more protection of the wiring terminals. If you're not comfy with wiring stuff; then a pre-wired kit (like they say is included) seems like a good idea.

The trick is just physically fitting the damned things in there.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've decided to give that a try today, spent probably more than an hour trying to take the grill cover off, since I'm not comfortable removing the whole bumper, and most of the time is spent on fearing I'm breaking or scratching something...
Well eventually the cover is off and I literally shouted "Hallelujah!"

I grab my 95% ready PIAA kit, plug it all together, and tested out that amazing sound:love: And now I'm sure that once it's all done, every Mustang on the road should hear me yelling for their rudeness:cool:

Trying to put this new kit in is like doing puzzle, and I'm not good at puzzle... I ended up realized I need one more piece to rise the front mounting point a bit (where the original horn mounted), or perhaps I should have tried putting the mounting bracket 90 degree up to the right, that might buy me some room... Seeing it's getting late for today, got to put things back to original:( feels like I've wasted the time in taking that cover off, but at least now I'm sure of how I should finish up the wiring. I'll probably show some pictures to my mechanic and have them take care of that...

20190601_195919.jpg
20190601_195900.jpg
20190601_195855_HDR.jpg
Btw, this has already been done:p Loving mine PIAA, just turn the stock mounting bracket 90 degree and that works.

Honda Civic 10th gen College Hills Honda Horn Upgrade 20190608_111448

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got a “low” horn from amazon. $8 bucks. Not the absolute loudest but a huge improvement from stock which was downright embarrassing. So much so that never used it.

Took 15 mins to hook up including removing the front vent.

Wolo (310-2T) Loud One Horn - 12 Volt, Low Tone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029XGNM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Rq4sDbG9JESVB
Sponsored