First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't gotten the mileage I thought I would get since I broke in the engine and tires. ~31mpg now.
It's not the car, but the crummy 60-65mi of random stop and go highway driving. It has been higher in the last week. Could be it has been warmer. Maybe everyone with winter tires when it's warm drives differently.
Sponsored

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't gotten the mileage I thought I would get since I broke in the engine and tires. ~31mpg now.
It's not the car, but the crummy 60-65mi of random stop and go highway driving. It has been higher in the last week. Could be it has been warmer. Maybe everyone with winter tires when it's warm drives differently.
i know it sounded stupid but i let the car warm up but it was the first time the turbo never kicked in but i might invest in heaters

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
One factor that i haven't seen anyone mention is the air outside the car is more dense, along with more wind which drastically affects your aerodynamics. After warming the up of the engine, this becomes the biggest factor in the reduced highway mileage.

I've seen a drop in my daily commute mileage from high 50's low 60's indicated to low 40's low 50's. My indicated tank averages without Ubering have shifted from right at 50 down to the low low 40's. Today in low teens weather I got only 42.8 indicated despite drafting a semi for a good chunk of the trip. I need to install an engine warmer which will drastically improve the first five minutes of cold start efficiency.
Sponsored