Cold weather - does your car sound better?

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So with the weather dropping to single digits I think I am hearing the car sounding better. By better I mean a more raspy exhaust note. Is it just me hearing things or do others also see a difference in colder weather?
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Cooler air is more dense, and more efficiently cools the charged air entering the combustion chamber. You may also notice a slight improvement in throttle response (at the expense of fuel economy).

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
In stock form, the Si does not have an exhaust note lol. This is kind of a good thing because 4 cylinders do not have the best exhaust note, aside from the decent sounding ones like the fiat Abarth or a boxer engine with UEL headers. This is subjective of course.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It does get a bit more pronounced as the mileage sets in. Mine is now audible inside the car (barely lol).

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a resonator delete and a different muffler. It is louder as the weather gets colder. But mine isn't super loud anyway. It overall sounds great.

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
In stock form, the Si does not have an exhaust note lol. This is kind of a good thing because 4 cylinders do not have the best exhaust note, aside from the decent sounding ones like the fiat Abarth or a boxer engine with UEL headers. This is subjective of course.
When I first drove the Si, I was surprised by the sound. My other cars are fairly loud, so I was expecting the Si to be silent (considering what everyone has said about the exhaust) compared to what I'm used to. But I find the stock exhaust noise pretty loud for stock. Not a bad loud, but loud enough for it to be noticeable. Maybe it's because the only other stock exhaust vehicle I've been in for some time is a Dodge Journey.

Also, the Neon SRT4 is still the best sounding 4 banger

stwings

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 5.7 Hemi Ram as my other vehicle. It has a Flowmaster muffler. My Si is stock and quiet (which I like). The Hemi sings a beautiful V8 song that in my option can’t be beat.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
I put a downpipe and found the noise to be nice considering I was to cheap to do exhaust. The quicker spool and pop and bang made it enjoyable. I do agree during cold start with cold weather it louder and to me not as enjoyable.
Sponsored