Cold Start Rattle Noise

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Al 99% è quella staffa, i dadi probabilmente non sono molto stretti, chi ha questo rumore, prova a toccare quella staffa con il dito mentre fa rumore
staffa.jpg

Advertisement

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Al 99% è quella staffa, i dadi probabilmente non sono molto stretti, chi ha questo rumore, prova a toccare quella staffa con il dito mentre fa rumore
staffa.jpg
"At 99% it is that bracket, the dice are probably not very tight, who has this noise, try to touch that bracket with your finger while it makes noise" by Google translate. Not like it really needed a translation. Is that the actuator and the arm that controls the wastegate?

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Yes, when it makes noise it is clearly seen that it vibrates

Rob2112

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
"At 99% it is that bracket, the dice are probably not very tight, who has this noise, try to touch that bracket with your finger while it makes noise" by Google translate. Not like it really needed a translation. Is that the actuator and the arm that controls the wastegate?
Mine makes the same noise to, I'm going to check it this morning to see if it is that bracket if so what is it that we need to do or if anything at all ??
I have about 2600 miles. 2020 Hatchback Sport MT.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Mine is quiet now. I heared it once or twice after the oil change. Then I tried to rotate that tiny metal stuff on picture with my finger. But it's not easy. Since then it's quiet. My theory is that the oil change (to 5w30) helped with other disturbing noises at startup, and ... I might have thightened the metal thingy with my finger but I'm really-really not sure.

Advertisement

Advertisement