Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
Did u intall yours yourself and how long does it take ?
I installed the HPS CAI myself, they include instructions with their products. I'm fairly mechanically inclined so I can't comment on installation for someone with no experience. My best advice would be to watch a couple videos on CAI installs for the 10th gen to determine if you'd be up to par for the job.

Here is an example (similar intake piping route), although I do NOT vouch for this Injen product:

For the HPS CAI I did not remove the bumper. The lower tube and filter were installed by dropping the driver side fender liner. I also did not have to relocate anything in the vicinity, just remove the stock airbox components.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
White fk7

White fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Street MAF doesn't need a tune. 27WON CAI is easy enough to install on your own but ideally you need to lift the front end up to get underneath.
Ok thanks

OP
OP
White fk7

White fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Street MAF doesn't need a tune. 27WON CAI is easy enough to install on your own but ideally you need to lift the front end up to get underneath.
Ok thanks

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@gtman is right in that an intake doesn't provide much of a performance boost. Tuning is what you should go for if you can take the risk of losing warranty. Although if you do decide to spring for an aftermarket intake, 27WON CAI or PRL CAI are two good choices. I have the 27WON CAI.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok thanks I’m a noob to this so everyone’s opinion helps so would a daily driver be alright with the short ram with the heat soak ppl talk about ?
So not sure if anyone has said this or not. If you're in an area that floods often, a CAI such as the PRL Cobra wouldn't be ideal but the 27Won intake is able to be used regardless of weather due to its design.

With intakes you're mostly getting sound if anything. If you want to really be able to hear the intake/turbo noise then getting an aftermarket intake is best. The first real "mod" I did to the car was a tune. It made the most difference. The intake is just for personal satisfaction of noise. The stock intake should be more than adequate for a daily.

I had to get the PRL Cobra CAI due to the previous owner of this car installing a Inject SRI. The SRI is regarded as one of the worst intakes for this car and the datalogs showed something weird going on which led me to buy the CAI as soon as I could.

I'm not sure as to how much a difference of 15-20F intake temps make but, from what I know, cooler the better?

Also... While I ran the SRI and I had the Ktuner V2... Intake temps were reading close to 20-30 above ambient in the middle of a TX summer. with ECT temps running to almost 200F. Not sure if that's normal or not but since switching to the CAI, ECT temps don't go above 180 and IAT (intake temps) don't go more than 10F above ambient.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Ok cool , So would I need a tune to run the 27won or would it be fine without it ?
Street maf no but their race maf you would need a custom tune

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Also remember guys OP is in Canada. Unless he wants to re-locate the windshield washer reservoir, the 27WON is the only CAI option.

OP
OP
White fk7

White fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also remember guys OP is in Canada. Unless he wants to re-locate the windshield washer reservoir, the 27WON is the only CAI option.
Okay good to know that’s what I’ll end up gettin when the time comes 27won

OP
OP
White fk7

White fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im guessing it would void my warranty with the cold air intake?

sguler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
we would like to have a cold air to feed the engine. so CAI is better than SRI. but does it make a difference, I dont think so. maybe if you built a hardcore full setup engine.

I put AEM CAI on my 2003 EP3 si. Sound was awesome but performance wise, it doesn't do anything.
and I think with turbo, our cars don't sound much different when CAI installed.

yes it would void warranty since it is not a Honda product that you put on the car.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's a complex question with a complex answer. If you have an engine problem, you may or may not be denied service depending on what goes wrong. If you had a suspension issue, or the AC stopped working or something, that's an entirely unrelated system and thus you should be covered. One mod doesn't void your entire vehicle's warranty bumper to bumper.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I like the cobra because it can be run as a Cai or a Sri and switched within a few minutes. But as others have said, you'd need to relocate your washer fluid.

OP
OP
White fk7

White fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
we would like to have a cold air to feed the engine. so CAI is better than SRI. but does it make a difference, I dont think so. maybe if you built a hardcore full setup engine.

I put AEM CAI on my 2003 EP3 si. Sound was awesome but performance wise, it doesn't do anything.
and I think with turbo, our cars don't sound much different when CAI installed.

yes it would void warranty since it is not a Honda product that you put on the car.
Ok thanks good to know
I like the cobra because it can be run as a Cai or a Sri and switched within a few minutes. But as others have said, you'd need to relocate your washer fluid.
[/QUOTE ya only thing is with me I’d have to move the w/s. To have the full prl cai that’s why the Sri would be easier but everyone’s sayin it gets hotter witch makes sence being up higher on the motor instead of in the lower fender

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Yep I've run mine as a Sri and as a Cai. It definitely runs WAY hotter as a Sri. And that's even with an intercooler.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag