Coin Operated Car Wash

rackz30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 exl
Has anyone tried those coin-operated car washes out there?! Would you guys recommend using the soap that's part of those machines or better yet, just bring your own wash/cleaner solution?! I honestly have limited knowledge on how they work since I haven't tried one. Im far from home and the place where Im staying right now doesn't allow any car wash in the garage or anywhere near the complex where I live in. So, any help concerning the use coin- operated car wash will be much appreciated.
Sponsored

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Has anyone tried those coin-operated car washes out there?! Would you guys recommend using the soap that's part of those machines or better yet, just bring your own wash/cleaner solution?! I honestly have limited knowledge on how they work since I haven't tried one. Im far from home and the place where Im staying right now doesn't allow any car wash in the garage or anywhere near the complex where I live in. So, any help concerning the use coin- operated car wash will be much appreciated.
I go there sometimes and use it for the water. I have a cleaning kit in my trunk, I use my own buckets, soap, wash mitts and Absorber to dry off my car. It costs a little more, takes a little longer but it works out well.

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
You are better off using your own soap and any other products you might want to use on the car. The quality of soap in those coin op washes is questionable and if you have wax or sealant on, the acidity of the soap can strip those off. So if you have protection on your paint in form of wax/sealant/coating, use your own car shampoo which is pH balanced so it won't strip the wax while washing your car. Also better to use your own wheel cleaner and such if you are doing that as part of your wash.

I use a coin op car wash often and I pretty much use their water. I take my own shampoo and wheel cleaner (one of the main reasons I go to a coin op car wash. Tough to wash wheels with rinse less wash or QD spray method and you need a strong jet of water). Plus they have vacuums which I use for cleaning up the car.

So the main thing you need to be concerned is if you have wax/sealant protection on your car and those washes use low quality soap which could strip your wax or sealant in the washing process. Same with their generic wheel cleaning solution and engine cleaner solutions. Might be questionable and possibly low quality stuff. Acidic solutions can etch your wheels with continuous and prolonged use.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used one the first few months I had the car, only b/c I bought in winter and didn't feel like spending a ton of time outside freezing my balls off. They're frustrating to use too IMO, I like to spend my time washing/detailing, not frantically running to the machine every 2 minutes to swipe my card again.

Luckily, my apartment complex has a little area to wash/detail your car, I'm usually there with my own products an hour a week.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a garage hot cold softened water source. I can wash and rinse spot free. ;)
Sponsored