First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Hey Everyone,
New coilovers are in and I'm working on making everything even, the rear driver side is way lower than the other corners. Gas tank is full and I do have a 12 inch subwoofer on the same side, spring perch is almost as tall as I can get it. Does this look right?
Pic 1- driver side
Pic 2- passenger side
Pic 3- spring perch

Honda Civic 10th gen Coilovers - Gas Tank Side Way Lower 20210711_134835

Honda Civic 10th gen Coilovers - Gas Tank Side Way Lower 20210711_134953

Honda Civic 10th gen Coilovers - Gas Tank Side Way Lower 20210711_135044

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you drive the car a little so everything can settle?

OP
OP

Texasrules

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Went out and measured from the highest point of the fender to the middle of the wheel center cap car is sitting at 13.5 inches on the fronts 13.75 inches for passenger rear and 12.5 inches for the rear driver side. No idea what's going on here.

OP
OP

Texasrules

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
I wonder if the lower part of the rear springs are properly seated in their perches on the passenger side. ?
Just double checked and they are. Spring is turned all the way in, little buttons are poking through the holes in the control arm.

OP
OP

Texasrules

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Curious if it could be too much preload on the springs? I'm still a little iffy on how these rears work.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The spring perch should be even height on each side. Adjust the ride height by adjusting length of the shock (not on the spring perch). Starts at 10:38 below:

OP
OP

Texasrules

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Huh! ? Right, presuming the spring perches are identically set on both sides, did you adjust/ensure the strut height is identical?
Just did and something is still wonky. I readjusted preloaded (spring is just tight enough that it doesn't move but isn't super compressed like in my picture) ride height went up and just about matched the other side. Took for a drive around the block and now it's super low again. Like 1/4 of an inch higher than what it has been. Both spring perch are the same height. My guess is still something with preload because that's the only part of this I'm still not 100% confident on.

OP
OP

Texasrules

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Just did and something is still wonky. I readjusted preloaded (spring is just tight enough that it doesn't move but isn't super compressed like in my picture) ride height went up and just about matched the other side. Took for a drive around the block and now it's super low again. Like 1/4 of an inch higher than what it has been. Both spring perch are the same height. My guess is still something with preload because that's the only part of this I'm still not 100% confident on.
So this is interesting, remeasured and it's now 3 1/2 inches (fender to outer lip of wheel, originally a hair less than 3 inches). So it seems to be evening out a little. Other side is 3 3/4 so now I am wondering if weight from a full gas tank + subwoofer would now be responsible for roughly 1/4 of an inch height difference.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So this is interesting, remeasured and it's now 3 1/2 inches (fender to outer lip of wheel, originally a hair less than 3 inches). So it seems to be evening out a little. Other side is 3 3/4 so now I am wondering if weight from a full gas tank + subwoofer would now be responsible for roughly 1/4 of an inch height difference.
Progress!

Maybe! Try raising that corner by 1/4". Honestly, across the years' I've found that I try to get the corners balanced as close as humanly possible, but the L/R sides being off by 1/8" is within my margin of error.

OP
OP

Texasrules

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Progress!

Maybe! Try raising that corner by 1/4". Honestly, across the years' I've found that I try to get the corners balanced as close as humanly possible, but the L/R sides being off by 1/8" is within my margin of error.
Yeah tomorrow or later this week I'll try raising it hair and then adjusting preload again. It's all starting to make a little more sense now lol.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah tomorrow or later this week I'll try raising it hair and then adjusting preload again. It's all starting to make a little more sense now lol.
Good job persevering! Sometimes, this can get tedious, for sure. ?
Sponsored