CMBS question

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Hey guys! Quick question regarding 2020/2021 CMBS. Will it put the car to a total stop? If so, putting the vehicle to a total stop will stall the car as the gauge isn’t engaged or will it just slightly brake for you?

Thanks!
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
CMBS will have an orange popup flashing telling you to brake. It will only slow you down if you're on ACC and someone cuts in front of you

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
CMBS will have an orange popup flashing telling you to brake. It will only slow you down if you're on ACC and someone cuts in front of you
This isn't true, if you don't intervene, the car will apply the brakes. See pg 494 of the manual.
Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS question 1626102717937

OP
OP

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
This isn't true, if you don't intervene, the car will apply the brakes. See pg 494 of the manual.
1626102717937.png
Thank you so much! In that case , would the car just stall? Or it will brake to the amount before it will stall?
Thanks!!

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
If it things you going to crash you’re going to get a full abs stop if i recall
Correctly

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
Hey guys! Quick question regarding 2020/2021 CMBS. Will it put the car to a total stop? If so, putting the vehicle to a total stop will stall the car as the gauge isn’t engaged or will it just slightly brake for you?

Thanks!
I've got a 2020 and all I can say is its the first thing I turn off whenever I start the car. It is the worst POS in traffic. Only use that I can see is to watch for deer in the countryside.

Idiot programmers is all I can say. As with most things today lazy, sloppy code is everywhere

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I've got a 2020 and all I can say is its the first thing I turn off whenever I start the car. It is the worst POS in traffic. Only use that I can see is to watch for deer in the countryside.

Idiot programmers is all I can say. As with most things today lazy, sloppy code is everywhere
My experience has been vastly different living in a city. I have bumper to bumper traffic as well. I’ve noticed the time the car goes crazy is when I’m approaching a stopped car…without showing any early signs of deceleration.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag

I find the system to be pretty good, but I have turned down the sensitivity. By default it comes on the medium setting but I’ve changed it to the least sensitive setting.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag

Ya, you can turn it off BUT if you get into an accident, this would be one of the things the insurance company will check and you could get the blame.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Ya, you can turn it off BUT if you get into an accident, this would be one of the things the insurance company will check and you could get the blame.
No they won’t. If you hit a car from rear with or without the system you are at fault.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
No they won’t. If you hit a car from rear with or without the system you are at fault.
It's more likely to cause an accident rather than preventing one. If you change lanes and are accelerating into the lane it has triggered the brakes more than once. When the guy behind me runs into my rear end it will be his fault as far as police and insurance but it was the programmer who enabled the crash.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Not if a guy cuts you off and does a brake check and you have a dash cam to prove it. It happened to a friend of mine and he won.
Sponsored