1.5T Clutchmasters FX350 Installed

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
I have probably 30 miles on it so far. Drivability is great, I've not had any chatter or anything. Zero complaints. The pedal feel is more heavy than stock of course but probably not any heavier (if even as heavy) as the stock clutch on my 2014 WRX. It's holding 25.9psi at 3100 RPMs with ease. (The new tune is still a work in progress.)
What causes chatter? I just installed my fx350, when releasing the pedal it’s not a smooth engagement. Any insight as to what I’m fighting?
Sponsored

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
It's a puck type friction disc you're going to compromise some daily drivability for the trade-off of holding more power. I have the fx350 as well and after some seat time it gets easier to manage. You can't really slip this clutch to get going but for me I find bliping the throttle and let out the clutch gradually but not too slow either. I've got 4500 miles on it now and it holds great but I don't daily drive my SI

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
It's a puck type friction disc you're going to compromise some daily drivability for the trade-off of holding more power. I have the fx350 as well and after some seat time it gets easier to manage. You can't really slip this clutch to get going but for me I find bliping the throttle and let out the clutch gradually but not too slow either. I've got 4500 miles on it now and it holds great but I don't daily drive my SI
It's even worse with a solid flywheel. You have to be very careful on your revs and engagement point. It's more of an on/off switch than stock