1.5T Clutchmasters FX350 Installed

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
wheeellll. 10k and my clutch is now slipping.
ktuner 19.5/23 base tune.
i match rpms all the time and do not abuse it.
i have run a couple autocrosses with it.
at 3k rpm in 5th or 6th gear the stock clutch will slip at 55% throttle.

oh well.
anyone in southern ontario have the fx350 that would allow me to check the feel?
i need to know if my 50yr old body can daily this clutch.
are you giving it 50% throttle or the dbw is at 50%

at 50% throttle with the gas pedal that is usually WOT 100% throttle plate

ClutchMaster isnt the only company with aftermarket clutch
Sponsored

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
55% is what the dash app says when it starts slipping. turbo psi is 20 at this time according to ktuner v2.

got a link for a clutchmaster alternative?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
55% is what the dash app says when it starts slipping. turbo psi is 20 at this time according to ktuner v2.

got a link for a clutchmaster alternative?
The cluster info screen? the one that says the brake pressure and throttle or you mean the Tunerview app that shows throttle.

Either way both are measurement of the TPS ( gas pedal ) and not how much the throttle plate is actually opening. It's giving it 90-100% throttle.
You should set up your 5th and 6th boost by gear. Set it to like 16 or 17psi to limit how much boost you can hit at the higher gear. It might not slip

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
My FX350 is the same way. I think I might try adjusting my idle to 900 or 950 and just let the clutch out slowly without any gas to see if that helps the rough starts. My car is smooth as can be when cold but after she warms up 1st gear and reverse from a dead stop are difficult to do smoothly.
Semi-glad I'm not the only one. I'm getting better at it; it's usually not violent, just some chatter. How do you adjust your idle? I may do something similar if it seems to help!

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
can the clutch be swapped without dropping the subframe ?
I've not tried it myself but several people have done it that way and have saved a lot of time.

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I've not tried it myself but several people have done it that way and have saved a lot of time.
Yea it’s a shame they put a weak clutch in a car that historically gets modified by so many then to have to remove half the car to perform the task is sad.

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Semi-glad I'm not the only one. I'm getting better at it; it's usually not violent, just some chatter. How do you adjust your idle? I may do something similar if it seems to help!
Haven't done it yet but if you have k tuner you can charge your idle.

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Legit question that I need answered, bout to get a new clutch in from CM, fx250. I'm about that cruise life, I got the tire burning out of my system now that my oem clutch is slipping between WOT gear changes. I just need to know if anyone has needed to resurface or really replace their flywheel yet. My biggest concern is my flywheel is going to be burnt and will need replacing, just want to know if anyone has been abusing their stock clutch and what their stories are just so I know what to expect. Ive been running 6+ psi tune for awhile and are finally getting some bad slip at WOT. It drives fine any other time and during normal shifts but it just cant handle the torque anymore.

Edit: TBH from what I have read around, Im surprised my clutch has lasted as well as it has. As much as I have abused it. 7000 miles after I tuned it, it only slips at WOT shifts. Not before and not after.

Last edited:

RunningHot2017

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
isn't the fx250 a little light for this? i am curious how much more pedal presure the 250 has.
It will be light for most, I have an intercooler and intake upgrade, and I sometimes run the 6+ tune. But I have Hondata mode on so the tune only runs when I hit the sport mode button, which isnt very often. I just need a clutch that runs comfortably and wears good when I daily. From what I read the 250 has good wear characteristics. But obviously not for dyno or test cars. Imma try to get this car to last me 4 more years at least.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
sounds like i am in the same boat, i need this car to last awhile and i only run ktuner tune.
i was considering the fx300 due to it lasting longer on this tune than the fx250.
i think the fx350 would be too heavy for daily use.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
sounds like i am in the same boat, i need this car to last awhile and i only run ktuner tune.
i was considering the fx300 due to it lasting longer on this tune than the fx250.
i think the fx350 would be too heavy for daily use.
I weigh in at 101 soaking wet. No issues with the clutch pedal xD and I daily the car. If anything the fx350 just mad it feel like a normal clutch. Ours felt very light from the factory.

RunningHot2017

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I weigh in at 101 soaking wet. No issues with the clutch pedal xD and I daily the car. If anything the fx350 just mad it feel like a normal clutch. Ours felt very light from the factory.
I weigh 245 before lunch that turbo really spools when I sit down. There is some decent space in the Civic, being I have plenty of room standing at 6'. I run 22psi often tho. After running like the wind every week for 13000 miles, it begins to show.
Sponsored