MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys! Just wanted to give you a quick update, so we are running the FX250 in our SI, after the past few months of constant R&D, safety tests and honestly just beating on the car we began to have some clutch slippage.

What appears to be the issue is the coating on the disc is coming off already and we are unable to do any dyno pull without the clutch slipping, last week we did around 10 pulls to where we finally got it to not slip and even then it wasn't grabbing like it normally should.

I would advise against the purchase of the FX250 if your plans are anything outside of daily driving, if you are doing any form of spirited driving, trips to Mexico or things of that nature I highly advise you purchase the FX300, FX350, or FX400.

As we patiently await our other option I can assure you that I'm being told any and all complaints about the current options are being addressed with this manufacturer.

***EDIT*** The FX250 was installed with the factory DMF and had only passed visual inspection. This failure occurred AFTER stage 1 testing which had subjected the car to a lot of dyno pulls.... but subsequent inspection of the clutch kit showed strange wear on the flywheel, the friction disc had been slightly glazed, but the pressure plate wear was almost non existent. We submitted the clutch to clutchmasters for further inspection. I personally believe that the spring pressure might be a touch on the light side and I am sure they will look into that further.

That being said, our next kit was the FX400 with their new Flywheel... which we installed and experienced a great deal of success with. I would honestly daily drive that clutch as it felt virtually stock and just handled a LOT of power without issue.

So while it might have been premature to advise outright against the FX250 from our experience... what I can honestly say is that, knowing what I know now, I would just recommend the FX400 for a wider range of applications than I would have previously... now having experienced it. ***EDIT*** 9/13/2018
Sponsored

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the update.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well shit. mine is already in the mail.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Why did you go with 250? @MAPerformance
We worked with the manufacturer in the process and let them know what we were doing with the car and it was recommended for us to go that route. Simply per the recommendation is why we went that way. I personally had stressed the FX350 but they had said it was overkill for what we needed.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We worked with the manufacturer in the process and let them know what we were doing with the car and it was recommended for us to go that route. Simply per the recommendation is why we went that way. I personally had stressed the FX350 but they had said it was overkill for what we needed.
What mods are done to the car?

Moab23

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
Mine has an fx400 and I’m slipping after 14000 miles...what’s an average lifespan of these? I know I don’t beat the car up like most would with my setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.