Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the Update.. hope you don't throw any codes!!… it will be awesome if you don't ;)
Codes will only be thrown if you don’t have a tuner
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Codes will only be thrown if you don’t have a tuner
I know this... but has it been verified that it actually throws the misfire codes..? :hmm:

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Clutchmasters FX-350 with single mass flywheel 20180715_152845
Honda Civic 10th gen Clutchmasters FX-350 with single mass flywheel 20180715_152850

And there's the code. But no lights coming up on the dash..at least not yet. Clutch is almost broken in ;) in depth review coming.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Clutchmasters FX-350 with single mass flywheel 20180715_152127
Honda Civic 10th gen Clutchmasters FX-350 with single mass flywheel 20180715_152138
Honda Civic 10th gen Clutchmasters FX-350 with single mass flywheel 20180715_152148

Stock clutch and flywheel VS first manual driver :lol:

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
No chatter at all when getting going in 1st? I wonder if that's a result of the single mass flywheel and a sprung clutch?

I was also just looking on Clutchmasters' website, but wasn't able to find a specific single mass flywheel option under the products sold for our vehicle. I did find a "lightweight aluminum flywheel" option, but I was under the impression that this was just a lightweight dual mass flywheel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
No chatter at all when getting going in 1st? I wonder if that's a result of the single mass flywheel and a sprung clutch?

I was also just looking on Clutchmasters' website, but wasn't able to find a specific single mass flywheel option under the products sold for our vehicle. I did find a "lightweight aluminum flywheel" option, but I was under the impression that this was just a lightweight dual mass flywheel.
0 chatter so far. I bought mine through calling them directly. So I'm unsure about the online options.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome. I wonder if the pedal is lighter on this setup than an FX350 would be with the stock DMF?

Any impressions thus far?

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Awesome. I wonder if the pedal is lighter on this setup than an FX350 would be with the stock DMF?

Any impressions thus far?
I'd need to compare the two to know that. I'd say it's twice as stiff as stock. I'm getting use to it finally.

I won't have a Complete impression, till I start to romp on it. But so far I question why the car didn't come this way in the first place. Shifting is much smoother and quicker and rev matching is easier. 1st gear doesn't have that annoying back and forth rock at low speed anymore. Hills are also a lot more forgiving, dont have to downshift fighting the incline

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd need to compare the two to know that. I'd say it's twice as stiff as stock. I'm getting use to it finally.

I won't have a Complete impression, till I start to romp on it. But so far I question why the car didn't come this way in the first place. Shifting is much smoother and quicker and rev matching is easier. 1st gear doesn't have that annoying back and forth rock at low speed anymore. Hills are also a lot more forgiving, dont have to downshift fighting the incline
How is the NVH? I had read that single mass lightweight flywheels often come with increases in transmission noise.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Just received my fx350 with single mass flywheel! I'll hopefully have it installed in the next couple weeks :)
Once it's in, I'll be doing before and after break in review.
20180613_151307.jpg
20180613_151242.jpg
So I've been through this thread and while there has been some good Q&A I feel there are two important questions left unanswered.
First as no one can seem to get anything clear from clutch masters without calling them (so far as what I've seen on their website), what was the cost of the clutch and flywheel, was it a combo deal or whatever?
My 2nd question would be how does the car idle? The single mass is significantly lighter than the stock dual mass. I'm curious as to how well it stores energy as it is. Combo the flywheel and mild cam upgrade (not sure if anyone offering a cam yet) but I'd want to have some idea if stalling at idle becoming an issue, easily solved with a tuner but for people out there still that are still straight bolt on that might find that info useful

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm probably going to throw the flywheel on the classified section.
Just to inform you, a dual mass can't be machined or refinished, if someone bought it that's not aware of this also, it would be a dick move on your part now that you're informed lol
Sponsored