NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
What is the best upgraded clutch to get, or even to wait for if I have to? I heard the fx400 is rough for a daily and that is the only one I really keep hearing about. I am full bolt on getting somethings replaced because I girl hit me the other day anyway, so I figured while im in the shop maybe ill do the clutch. Thank you!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can get a hold of one in time, the the Competition Clutch kit seems to be working well for many. I would not recommend an FX series clutch. ACT is ok. I've not seen any complaints about the Exedy kit from those that are using it.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eman's R retrofit

haven't seen any complaints about it and it's probably the best for daily driving out of all of them since it's only slightly stiffer than our stock clutch

my homie ran the fx400 and switched to eman's clutch probs a month later

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Eman's R retrofit

haven't seen any complaints about it and it's probably the best for daily driving out of all of them since it's only slightly stiffer than our stock clutch

my homie ran the fx400 and switched to eman's clutch probs a month later
Can you give me a quick TLDR of whi eman is and what this retro fit clutch is. I see a lot of people talking about it but couldn’t really find anything specific on what it is, and who makes it.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
If you can get a hold of one in time, the the Competition Clutch kit seems to be working well for many. I would not recommend an FX series clutch. ACT is ok. I've not seen any complaints about the Exedy kit from those that are using it.
Competition clutch by who?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you give me a quick TLDR of whi eman is and what this retro fit clutch is. I see a lot of people talking about it but couldn’t really find anything specific on what it is, and who makes it.
https://www.naperformanceftw.com/ctr-clutch-retro/10thgen-si-hatchback-clutch-and-flywheel-kit

From his site:
Clutch disk, FK8 Pressure Plate, Modified FK8 Flywheel, Flywheel Bolts (8x), Spacer, New OEM Throwout Bearing, Clutch Alignment Tool

Eman is well known in 10 gen community his ig/forum user is @k20z3allmotor and as far as I know is pushing one of the highest numbers on the 10gen si platform besides PRL

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
+1 on the Eman CTR RETRO. Doesn't chatter, smooth shifts and handles the power.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks everybody for the kind and informative responses. I try to search prior to posting questions but there was so many comments of people saying it was amazing but not much specific info. The link to his site really helps.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I read so many posts about aftermarket clutches and type R retrofit clutches on civicx the past few days that I actually had a vivid ass dream last night that my Si clutch was shot.

Luckily, it's not, but I'm like 1 bolt-on away from burning it up, so I might jump on the Competition bandwagon. I read that they recommend to pair it with the Sirimoto N1 CMC kit. Anyone have issues without upgrading thier CMC or w/o deleting their slave cylinder?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I read so many posts about aftermarket clutches and type R retrofit clutches on civicx the past few days that I actually had a vivid ass dream last night that my Si clutch was shot.

Luckily, it's not, but I'm like 1 bolt-on away from burning it up, so I might jump on the Competition bandwagon. I read that they recommend to pair it with the Sirimoto N1 CMC kit. Anyone have issues without upgrading thier CMC or w/o deleting their slave cylinder?
I am curious, who is recommending the upgraded CMC kit for use with that clutch? Not saying it is a bad idea, I have just not seen that before.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

I am curious, who is recommending the upgraded CMC kit for use with that clutch? Not saying it is a bad idea, I have just not seen that before.
Literally the only post I've seen of someone running the Sirimoto CMC with an aftermarket clutch has had nothing but issues. The CMC was actually designed wrong for the 10th and that user was working with them to fix it.

KzCMC from NAPerformance however, many people are using/ordering that now and it seems to solve high RPM lockout for most of them.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Literally the only post I've seen of someone running the Sirimoto CMC with an aftermarket clutch has had nothing but issues. The CMC was actually designed wrong for the 10th and that user was working with them to fix it.

KzCMC from NAPerformance however, many people are using/ordering that now and it seems to solve high RPM lockout for most of them.
I saw it on procivic's website to pair with the SiriMoto N1 kit. I did see the forum post about issues with the 1st revision of the kit, so I'm assuming that it's been redesigned now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch Screenshot_20200922-120221_Firefox Focus

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I saw it on procivic's website to pair with the SiriMoto N1 kit. I did see the forum post about issues with the 1st revision of the kit, so I'm assuming that it's been redesigned now.

Screenshot_20200922-120221_Firefox Focus.jpg
Gotcha. I can't say that it's a bad recommendation, but it is worth noting that Sirimoto is brand that is owned by ProCar Studio. Bluntly put, it is a biased recommendation. That of course does not mean it is a bad one.