First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same! I just ignored the squeaking & continued on. My pads had enough life on em.
I had the same issue show up about 1000 miles ago, the rear passenger brake is squeaking when I’m not braking. It drives me absolutely crazy because I drive with the windows open
Sponsored

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That's great to hear Honda is helping pple out on this. This is amusing though, because I made an appointment to get my RV6 retrofit clutch and flywheel installed next week. I'm not having issues. I'm doing this as pre-emptive and so I can comfortably run more power w/o worrying about possible future issues.

I have not received the TSB yet. However, this is good to know for those sticking with stock clutch/flywheel and do run into issues.

Part of me was going to wait till I did have issues and then install the clutch/flywheel. Hearing about this, made me wonder If i should wait till I have issues, then get the TSB repair, and then do the RV6 clutch/flywheel after that one takes a dump.

However, knowing I have all the parts already and it just sitting there not being utilized makes me stir crazy. So I'm like F it, let me just get this over with and get it installed so I can move on. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jbegs2020

Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
That's great to hear Honda is helping pple out on this. This is amusing though, because I made an appointment to get my RV6 retrofit clutch and flywheel installed next week. I'm not having issues. I'm doing this as pre-emptive and so I can comfortably run more power w/o worrying about possible future issues.

I have not received the TSB yet. However, this is good to know for those sticking with stock clutch/flywheel and do run into issues.

Part of me was going to wait till I did have issues and then install the clutch/flywheel. Hearing about this, made me wonder If i should wait till I have issues, then get the TSB repair, and then do the RV6 clutch/flywheel after that one takes a dump.

However, knowing I have all the parts already and it just sitting there not being utilized makes me stir crazy. So I'm like F it, let me just get this over with and get it installed so I can move on. lol
I hear ya on aftermarket clutch and flywheel. I have a stage 4 clutch masters and clutch masters light weight flywheel. Only reason I went with stock free replacement was because well I don't have the 1000 dollars to install the badass one lol.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hear ya on aftermarket clutch and flywheel. I have a stage 4 clutch masters and clutch masters light weight flywheel. Only reason I went with stock free replacement was because well I don't have the 1000 dollars to install the badass one lol.
I hear ya. I had to wait 2 months before I was able to afford the install. It'll be another 2 months before I can afford another big purchase too. That'll be the downpipe/front pipe. Probably around Black Friday.

OP
OP
Jbegs2020

Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
I hear ya. I had to wait 2 months before I was able to afford the install. It'll be another 2 months before I can afford another big purchase too. That'll be the downpipe/front pipe. Probably around Black Friday.
Go with the 3" for both down and front pipe. Also get solid rear motor mount. The pipes actually make quite a difference in the way the car sounds as well. At least I think so

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Go with the 3" for both down and front pipe. Also get solid rear motor mount. The pipes actually make quite a difference in the way the car sounds as well. At least I think so
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I actually have the 27won Street rear motor mount. It's awesome. The connectivity that I get with the car driving is priceless. Yeah I'm looking at the rv6 downpipe and front pipe. Ceramic coated.

Adamfalcon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Damn I just saw this and I almost ordered a new clutch on my 2020 Si. My clutch has been messed up since 20k miles and I have 50k on them right now. I mainly drive highways but I do need to get them replaced. I even went into my local Honda dealer and they weren't doing anything about it. However they have it saved on their notes so hopefully they cover it. If not ill just end up paying my self for some new ones

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
TSB 22-017 attached. This TSB applies to all 2020-2021 Civics with the 1.5T engine and manual transmission. There is NO warranty extension for this issue.

SYMPTOM
Customer complains that the manual transmission will not shift, the clutch is slipping, or the vehicle won’t move when in gear.

POSSIBLE CAUSE
Due to supplier production issues, the friction disc material may have prematurely worn.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the flywheel, pressure plate, friction disc (Clutch), and release bearing.

WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
The normal warranty applies.

Attachments

Last edited:

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
For anyone still reading this thread, my car is currently in the dealers shop now with a slipping clutch, 50k kms on it. I only noticed recently while in 5th gear and stepped in the gas to pass another vehicle at about 3000rpms. When I hit the gas, the rpm’s went up, but car didn’t move any faster. I could duplicate this when in 5th gear only, other gears are fine. Anyway, dealer diagnosis was a worn clutch.
Now for the fun part and game of chance. The dealer will cover the clutch under the normal powertrain warranty, which I have lots of still, BUT only if once they have it apart and send photos to Honda, that they determine it was faulty parts and not driver misuse. The way they determine that apparently is if there is metal shaving inside the clutch.
At that point the car is already half apart on the shop floor, so it’s just as well to replace it then either way, because I’m paying for 5 hours labor regardless by the time it’s back together again.
So I’m sort of at the mercy of whoever is looking at those photos at Honda right now. Even with a TSB stating this model has faulty parts and even though I’m on my 5th manual transmission Civic with no previous issues like this, there no guarantee it will be covered according to my dealer. Good chance it would be, but not guaranteed.
Sponsored