Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Not sure if anyone out there knows this or needs to hear/read this but honda has a new service bulletin out for all civic ex, sport and SI models equipped with manual transmission of course, that states premature clutch wear. You will get your clutch, flex plate and flywheel replaced for free. I have a 2020 si sedan with 33k on it and just replaced mine yesterday absolutely free. I have a stage 4 and lightweight flywheel to put in it later on but figured I may as well get a good stock replacement for now since its free while I save up a little extra coin to put up the $1,000 to install it 😒😒
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if anyone out there knows this or needs to hear/read this but honda has a new service bulletin out for all civic ex, sport and SI models equipped with manual transmission of course, that states premature clutch wear. You will get your clutch, flex plate and flywheel replaced for free. I have a 2020 si sedan with 33k on it and just replaced mine yesterday absolutely free. I have a stage 4 and lightweight flywheel to put in it later on but figured I may as well get a good stock replacement for now since its free while I save up a little extra coin to put up the $1,000 to install it 😒😒
Do you know the TSB #?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
YES ... Please provide the TSB #

Mine has just started to chatter at 40k

I drove my Element to 185k, on original clutch.
I drove my Saturn to 170k, on original clutch.
I drove my Ford Probe to 160k, on original clutch.

Needless to say, I'm easy on a clutch ...

OP
OP
Jbegs2020

Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
I am picking the car up today or tomorrow, had them replace the windshield also, through insurance... I'll get the tsb from them then and get back to you.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Does anything need to be noticeably worn or wrong with the clutch to be able to get the free replacement? Does it also only apply within the Original powertrain warranty (3 yrs or 36k mi)?

Not sure if each TSB has their own specific terms.

OP
OP
Jbegs2020

Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Does anything need to be noticeably worn or wrong with the clutch to be able to get the free replacement? Does it also only apply within the Original powertrain warranty (3 yrs or 36k mi)?

Not sure if each TSB has their own specific terms.
I wanna say a service bulletin or TSB is there for anyone either within or out of warranty. The guy did ask me how many miles were on the car so that leads me to believe that there is most likely some sort of milage cut off point but idk 🤷‍♂️ for sure. I got sick of my clutch being so terrible so I just started to kick the shit out of it and then called Honda. I had no idea there was a TSB for the clutch untill I was literally standing in front of the service advisor. Needless to say I was pretty damn excited lol. My clutch was slipping in all gears ⚙ REALLY BAD by the time I finished destroying it lol. My pcm is flashed with the TSP stage 1 also and they didn't say a word about it.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Just a heads up, a TSB doesn't necessarily mean a free repair/replacement... regardless of mileage.

OP
OP
Jbegs2020

Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Just a heads up, a TSB doesn't necessarily mean a free repair/replacement.
Sometimes it means free parts and you pay labor. I'm an outboard technician at a large marina and that's what we usually do anyway if the motor is out of warranty. Me on the other hand I am still in warranty with less than 36k. So hopefully everyone gets in. The TSB is only for years 20-21 civics I'd hope everyone is under 36k still but who knows.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sometimes it means free parts and you pay labor.

Yes, sometimes. I just don't want anyone seeing this thinking they're owed a new clutch just by showing up at the dealer. These people tend not to give things away for free. It's a TSB, not a recall.

OP
OP
Jbegs2020

Jbegs2020

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Yes, sometimes. I just don't want anyone seeing this thinking they're owed a new clutch just by showing up at the dealer. These people tend not to give things away for free. It's a TSB, not a recall.
I can understand that. Doesn't hurt to try though. The service advisor I dealt with didn't even hesitate. I told him my mileage I am under warranty. I left the car with them and he called me 4 hours later and said hey I have great news, we are going to replace that clutch for ya. $0.00. Just do the research with your local dealer first I guess instead diving right in how's that..

aswearingen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic LX manual
Country flag
I have a 2020 LX… Do I fall in line for this??

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
22-017 is the bulletin number

Screenshot_20220910-161952_Drive.jpg
Nice to see I wasn't the only one with the squeaking brakes. My car actually came that way and then after they fixed it it kept coming back.

KingIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
Nice to see I wasn't the only one with the squeaking brakes. My car actually came that way and then after they fixed it it kept coming back.
Same! I just ignored the squeaking & continued on. My pads had enough life on em.
Sponsored