Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Hello, I have the TSP Stage 1 tune now and I love it. I was originally going to get the RV6 clutch and flywheel but the flywheel is 3-4 month back order. Was wondering what you guys think of the ACT clutch kit or clutch masters, or any others. I want something similar to OEM after it’s broken in but can handle the torque of the tune - while not having to wait months.

edit: anyone upgraded the clutch using stock flywheel? Or that not a good idea?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RV6 retro, ACT street, competition clutch. That’s my pics in order. I have act. It’s perfect.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Previous owner installed Competition Stage 2. TBH, I absolutely hate it. There is no reason to have such a firm pedal on a DD. Do I hate it enough to spend $1k+ to swap it out, not yet but time will tell.

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
RV6 retro, ACT street, competition clutch. That’s my pics in order. I have act. It’s perfect.
do you like the ACT for a daily driver?

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
I have an ACT sprung 6 puck and I'm fine with it. It's pretty aggressive, which had I known I probably wouldn't have gone with it, but I didn't know any better at the time. I've gotten used to it by now but that first month or so trying to get used to it was very rough, and starting off was a hassle. It's rated for like, 465 ft lbs of torque, so that's a bonus. Another bonus is pucked clutches don't have a normal break-in period, so you can basically rip it right from the get go, which I did. Going with any of the street version clutches that use an organic disk and not pucks would give you a more OEM feel, you'll just have to compare them to see how much torque they're rated for. All in all I think going with an ACT clutch would be a good choice. I've had mine for about 6 months with no issues

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have the Clutch Masters FX350 and aluminum flywheel. You need to rev it up and slip the clutch to have a smooth takeoff or it will chatter a bit in first and reverse. Most people that have tried to drive my car don't like the clutch because of how hard it grabs and how sensitive the throttle is. I race the car a bit, so I appreciate the performance. The parts availability is also very good with this company. I can get parts in days rather than months for refreshing the clutch. OEM feel and holding capacity is either expensive and/or takes a long time to get. May even be a mix of parts rather than a complete kit. I won't go with anything else at this point since I'm used to my kit and have established maintenance schedule and cost. Great product and support from my perspective, but definitely not OEM feel. Product availability and support addresses one of your inquiries.

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag