Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
@17siturb0 @kshawn

Do we think a bigger turbo that produces 400+ hp on the 1.5T is going to make 400+ft lbs as well? I'm thinking not. For reference I checked out results on an older PRL Si turbo kit and saw 450whp and under 300ft lbs of torque.

While that may dissapoint some, I would venture to say that we'd see fewer blown engines with a kit like that vs the stock turbo pushed to the edge. The rods will welcome a reduced torque limit. (For the base 1.5, at least. Si rod limits are still unknown.)
interested in the Twin disc\another manufacture because people have been reporting chattering with the fx350-400. I don't expect to hit over 400tq with just the turbo upgrade, if 400+tq is even possible. Aftermarket forged internals are also on the list, with the turbo upgrade.

I live right next to a drag strip so I'd like to get a clutch that can support a good amount over what the engine is producing, just for some extra reliability
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...you have to imagine the torque we’d have without a turbocharger. I don’t think anyone knows that number but it would be little to nothing I’d imagine.
L15B1[edit]
Found in 2015-2017 3rd generation Honda Fit in North American Market

• DOHC 16 valve i-VTEC
    • Displacement: 1,496 cc
    • Bore x Stroke: 73.0 mm (2.9 in) Ă— 89.4 mm
    • Power: 97 kW (132 PS; 130 hp) / 6,600 rpm
    • Torque: 155 Nâ‹…m (114 lbâ‹…ft) / 4,600 rpm
...from our friends at Wikipedia. When it comes to torque... looks like a little more than 1/2 the torque of a stock Si at over twice the RPMs.

There are several variants of this engine... some with VTEC, but for an N/A "B" variant of the L15, this looks to be it.

It's amazing what Honda wrung out of the engine when you consider it's, "Little economical engine to move small cars around" roots... and even more when you see what it's going on w/tuning and the aftermarket community that's only getting started. It's still a tiny displacement engine with a relatively low rev limit and Honda didn't implement Vtec, unlike the "Z" series of this engine, which doesn't seem to have any performance improvements over the "B"s... just by looking at numbers.

Last edited:

B0R4C

First Name
Edin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Im looking to do around 350 trq would you recommend flywheel upgrade or just clutch

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Im looking to do around 350 trq would you recommend flywheel upgrade or just clutch
You're already there. It's good to do both. Plus there have been a few issues for those who run there stock DM flywheel with a aftermarket clutch. More chatter, less longevity.

Tho some have had no issue. Doing this.
Sponsored