Clutch Strength Datapoints

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
Hey fellow K-Tuner users, I'm looking for some datapoints on what basemaps won't cause the clutch to slip. I've been loving K-Tuner so far and haven't had any issues, but I've also been somewhat conservative since I'm trying to keep the stock clutch as long as possible.

For those of you running the 18psi or 21psi basemaps (non-Si), have you had any clutch slip? I'm pretty conservative on the highway and have bbg to limit boost in 5th and 6th just in case.

If you could comment with your experience, I'd appreciate it. I haven't seen many discussions on this for a while, but feel free to link to a better thread if it already exists. Thanks!
Sponsored

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been on the 3+/9+ dual map for a bit over a year, and planning on TSP stage 1 soon, I have almost 30000KM on my 2017 Si coupe which has been mostly spent tuned, I rev match all of my downshifts, roll into power gradually and don't go WOT in 5th-6th nor at low RPM and haven't had a single issue with it! Feel like it's a mix of hit/miss on clutch quality and driver mod. Wanting to step up to EMans Type R clutch conversion!

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I'm on TSP Stage 1 for the past 4k miles. Im forgetting the exact number but I think TSP Stage 1 peaks at 24 or 25 psi. Before this I was on Ktuner 21 psi for 2k miles.

Zero clutch slip.

I am careful with protecting the clutch. Rev matching, boost limited+ramped in 5th and 6th, I try not to go WOT at low rpms, etc.

Last edited:

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No clutch slip either, 21 PSI Ktuner. Never WOT below 3800

AdamSI

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
Hey fellow K-Tuner users, I'm looking for some datapoints on what basemaps won't cause the clutch to slip. I've been loving K-Tuner so far and haven't had any issues, but I've also been somewhat conservative since I'm trying to keep the stock clutch as long as possible.

For those of you running the 18psi or 21psi basemaps (non-Si), have you had any clutch slip? I'm pretty conservative on the highway and have bbg to limit boost in 5th and 6th just in case.

If you could comment with your experience, I'd appreciate it. I haven't seen many discussions on this for a while, but feel free to link to a better thread if it already exists. Thanks!
im on MAP stage 1. they leave the tune unlocked so i change the boost target tables. 18psi under 5,000rpm then 21psi after. no problems with clutch after 1 year

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I ran 23psi with some slight timing and fuel adjustments , aggressive spool and improved responsiveness on max settings for about 90k. I have since toned down the spool a bit but the stock clutch is still holding just fine at 103k.
Sponsored