KBromme10thgen

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT manual sedan
Country flag
Hi, I recently bought the Hondata Flashpro for my 10th gen. Uploaded the +6psi tune. Got the idea from Honda Pro Jasons video on how to do it. However, I've heard that people who use the flashpro will begin to have their clutch start slipping? And will have to upgrade it? Has this happened to anyone? Please let me know!
Sponsored

AdamSI

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
when running that much boost dont use 5th and 6th gear. even stock psi dont use those gears to go wot. i use 2nd and 3rd only for wot and never had a problem. im running phearable stage 1

OP
OP
KBromme10thgen

KBromme10thgen

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT manual sedan
Country flag
when running that much boost dont use 5th and 6th gear. even stock psi dont use those gears to go wot. i use 2nd and 3rd only for wot and never had a problem. im running phearable stage 1
So with the +6psi as long as I don't go wot my clutch should be ok? I never really floor it anyways. Just give it a little gas here and there to zip around town.

AdamSI

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
just use 1st 2nd and 3rd gear for making max boost in. say your in 4th gear at 2,000rpm rpm just driving and want to go wot, get back in 3rd. your in a better gear ratio and higher rpm for it. and use 5th and 6th for cruising in. you can always run less psi also. im using map 1 and its 19.5 psi. thats fast enough for me

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Here's my experience with a stock clutch and using the same Hondata +6psi tune. It made my car run great compared to stock, really woke the car up. Never had any issues with slippage what so ever. But as mentioned above, it also depends upon how you drive your car in regards to load/gear/rpm. I never had a problem until I went FBO and TSP. At that point my stock clutch slipped right away from pulling off the lot and I had to upgrade my clutch. So to sum it up, with a good driving IQ and no other upgrades, you should be just fine with this tune.

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
To make it issuer never WOT if your RPMs are less than 3500-4000 rpms.
Also I’d not use 1 gear for that. 2,3 and 4 safe for the clutch.
Sponsored